Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented Scrum Master Mid Level for our home office in Plano, TX.
Responsible for ensuring the team lives Agile values and principles and follows processes and practices that the teams agree they will use within Agile (i.e. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, etc.) frameworks to self-organize while delivering value to customers. The Scrum Master is a servant leader and champions the Agile mindset through effective guidance, coaching, education and through removal of impediments to team progress. This role is responsible for building high-performing teams focused on constantly improving team dynamics and performance.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
– Bachelor’s degree required or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
– 4 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement, project management, or business/requirements analysis; relevant work experience with Agile/Scrum; advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
– Previous experience as a scrum master of a software delivery team
– Previous experience with AGILE certification.
– Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
USAA Software Developers and Integrators create innovative solutions that impact our members. Collectively, we are:
– Curious and excited by new ideas
– Energized by a fast-paced environment
– Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
– Comfortable working as part of a connected team, but self-motivated
– Community-focused, dependable and committee
– Exceptionally detail-oriented
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
for this position.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.