Position: Security Engineer
Location: Chicago Loop
Raise, a leading retail payments company and the worlds largest gift card marketplace, connects consumers to buy discounted gift cards or sell their unwanted cards for cash. As the leading retail technology partner with nearly 400 national brands, Raise offers a new type of digital payment for retailers.
Since the company launched in 2013, Raise has saved millions of consumers more than $140 million and has received $147 million in funding from investors including Accel, PayPal, Bessemer Venture Partners and New Enterprise Associates. Raise is headquartered in Chicago with an office in New York
About The Position
Raise is looking for a Security Engineer to join our growing Security and Infrastructure team. In this role, you will help to drive the design, implementation, and maintenance of security technology and program functions for the services related to Raises marketplace. The ideal candidate has a diverse hands-on technical background in systems and network management, doesnt mind rolling up their sleeves to help keep us moving forward, and has a passion for security.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and support of internal and perimeter security tools and processes
- Support and improve the security design and implementation of our Corporate and AWS network infrastructure
- Act as a consultant to internal engineering teams, enabling them to build and design products securely and efficiently
- Perform security reviews of new and existing products and services
- Ensure the health and security posture of internal network architectures
- Triage reports from external researchers and drive confirmed issues to resolution with engineering teams
- Support and drive the growth of our Vulnerability Management Program
- Participate in incident handling
- Audit and recommend solutions to enhance security
- Design, build, and implement security frameworks to improve security posture across the organization.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working with and securing AWS services
- Demonstrable proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Ruby, Python, bash, etc)
- Strong background working in Linux/Unix environments
- Knowledge of application security concepts, such as the OWASP top 10 and be able to articulate them to technical and non-technical staff
- Experience with vulnerability management across OS and applications: identification, testing and remediation
- Understanding of network concepts including TCP/IP, HTTP and TLS, DDoS detection/prevention, and network and host anomaly detection through both automated (NIDS/HIDS) and manual means
- Ability to communicate technical concepts, possibilities and limitations to a non-technical audience
- High attention to detail and constructive attitude in peer code reviews or other collaborative methods
- Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate IT security measures while maintaining the speed of delivery that is inherent in a fast-paced technology company.
- 3+ years working in a highly collaborative environment
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or comparable experience
- AWS Certified Associate, SSCP, CISSP or similar certification is a plus!
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401(K) with match, disability and life insurance
- Flex PTO
- Raise Gives Back- 8 paid hours allotted annually for volunteer opportunities
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Paid parental leave
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.