Job Title: Security Operations Analyst – Florham Park, NJ
Location: Florham Park, NJ, Mid-Atlantic United States, USA
Company: BASF – We Create Chemistry
Industry Type: Chemical, Pesticide and Fertilizer
Career Type:IT/Software Development
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise. And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future Security Operations Analyst (*******) – Florham Park, NJ Where the Chemistry HappensIn this role, you will manage and maintain the BASF IS Infrastructure landscape. In case of incident, you will ensure restoring normal application services as quickly as possible and minimize adverse impact on operations, including problem management, change management and continuous service ************** addition, you will ensure cyber security gateways are patched and performing normally, aided by monitoring tools and working within a global virtual team. You also will assist the handling and escalation of operational security breaches. Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer YouAdding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry. The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career. BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.Formula for Success
– Leveraging your technical training in the IT sector, you will process complex requirements and changes, as well as perform quality assurance and produce document of system changes.
– Your strong knowledge of networking, DNS/DHCP, Linux and SSL certificates will be a valued asset as you participate in installing, configuring, and operation of complex cyber security systems in a DMZ, as well as manage related customer projects or international subprojects.
– As a talented IT security professional, you will implement and operate HTTP proxy servers, load balancers and Web Application Firewalls and be responsible for their adaptation over time and smooth operations.
– You will provide consulting and customer support for the business, and in turn be mentored by Senior System Engineers within the team.
– Your solid attention to detail will be a plus as you observe patterns and make generalized configuration exceptions.
– Your excellent communications skills will be used as you work with internal business partners (IBPs) to resolve incidents following the ITIL process, and provide status updates to your team.
– Successfully engaging inside and outside the organization, you will liaise with security vendors and external service providers, as well as ensure knowledge-building and transfer within the IS community.
Job Post Date: 08/18/18
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.