Segment Data Architect
As a Segment Data Architect, your key deliverables include Critical Data List, Data Affinity Maps, Enterprise Data Catalogues, Conceptual & Logical Data Models, Mastership Matrices, Enterprise Data Flow Diagrams, Data Principles, and Standards & Handrails.
In this role, you will be leveraging on your desire to bring enterprise data design to IT and business functions. You will also require the passion to drive IT related business activity towards value-based outcomes built on a foundation of well-described quality data.
You will have full ownership of data domains, including being a key focal point for the Lead Segment Data Architect, Segment Architects, Solution Architects and Solution Data Architects.
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Articulate the direction of data architecture within the segment and what main business outcomes will be achieved.
• Maintain the Enterprise Conceptual, Logical, Integration Models and work with Solution Data Architects to ensure that project-related Logical and Physical Models remain aligned.
• Understand the importance of Data Mastership and Data Flow mapping for the business, capturing both As-Is and To-Be states, and help identify the right data for the business.
• Work with Solution and Segment Architects to review/approve data provisioning from a simplified access and governance perspective and adopt Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) approach to enable effective re-use, provisioning and sharing of data across the business.
• Provide Solution Architecture an understanding of how the project fits into the segment architecture. Ensure compliance and alignment of the project design.
• Provide Solution Data Architects with Enterprise Conceptual/Logical Models, Mastership Matrices and Data Flows as input to projects as part of the delivery lifecycle.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Expert in Data Architecture and Data Modelling.
• Expert in Data Analysis, Data Modelling (ERD), Big Data Design, Master Data Management patterns & implementation, Data Landscape Design (Data Flow, Mastership, API).
• Extensive understanding of technologies involved in data management (Database management systems, data services, data lakes, etc.).
• Proven knowledge of all architecture aspects and the ability to stay up to date with key developments in IT – affinity with the other Enterprise Architecture domains (process, applications, infrastructure, security, etc.).
• A delivery and result oriented mindset with a hands-on attitude with a vision for the long-term implications of short to intermediate term decisions.
• Ability to initiate, plan and develop according to plan, along with the ability to adapt to the circumstances on the ground that may have a level of uncertainty and risk.
• Experience in Data Modelling tools such as Power Designer.
• Experience in Enterprise Architecture tools such as BiZZ Design
• Experience in Trading, Supply, Finance, energy domains is preferred.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Big Data
- Data Analysis
- Data Architecture
- Data Modeling
- Master Data Management
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.