The Leidos’ US National Data Center (US NDC) team is seeking a Seismic Analyst at Patrick AFB, FL. The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC). AFTAC’s mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders.
The position is responsible for the seismic analysis testing and evaluation of the US NDC software applications and systems, to include software, hardware, database, and geophysical aspects.
The candidate will join an existing team of seismic analysts and software testers to assist the software and systems team in developing test plans based on the software requirements and technical specifications for unit testing, integration testing, and pre- and post-promotion testing phases. Candidate will conduct seismic, hydroacoustic, and infrasonic analysis to verify the geophysical aspects of the system, analyze system faults, troubleshoot, and run diagnostic tests to identify and assist in the correction of deficiencies identified during testing and communicate with developers to resolve the deficiency. Duties also include execution of the test plans, documentation of test results and anomalies, performance of regression testing of software and prototype algorithms, and preparation of data sets.
*External Referral Eligible
– US citizen with active DoD Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
– Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 2+ years of relevant experience.
– Seismic, hydroacoustic, infrasonic or satellite analysis experience
– Experience on large, complex, scientific real-time applications
– Experience with systematic troubleshooting and diagnostics methodology
– Fluent in Unix environment (i.e. Solaris 10 or RedHat Linux)
– Proficient writing skills to document and communicate work results and anomalies.
– Strong communication skills to effectively interact with teammates, management and customers.
– Willingness to follow established methodologies and procedures
– Ability to multitask
– Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
– Experience with full software systems development and testing lifecycle
– Fluent with SQL (i.e. Oracle or MySQL)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.