What you’ll be doing.
Our customers have high expectations for our digital platforms – speed, responsiveness and constant availability. That’s where you come in. You will be designing and implementing optimal solutions to complex problems and to meet critical business needs. Your optimization and performance skills will help other Verizon engineering teams and our vendors drive better digital eCommerce and self-service architecture, functionality, and solutions.
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join the My Verizon /My Fios mobile apps development team. You will be working on our self-service (My Verizon/My Fios) Android applications. Our millions of customers have access to these apps and they are always being enhanced.
– Development of Android applications and creation and integration with back-end services.
– Work with cross-functional teams that include project management, design team, testers, and other development teams (server, search, content management, and metrics, OSS) to deliver projects on time and on budget.
– Follow effective design and development practices on the Android platform, and help implement the best (most responsive, most robust/secure, most user-friendly/functional, most network/power-sensitive) applications for Verizon. Deliver the product, data management, widget, and application designs in emerging technologies and connect them to the diverse back-ends of Verizon’s systems either directly or via mobile-proxy code.
– Participate in the development of mobile applications and projects, working with multiple, diverse teams (both onshore and offshore).
– Help design and develop apps with excellent user experience and cognizance of performance, network and power usage, security, code maintainability and time to market.
– Help write reusable components (including business layer, software infrastructure, and UI); follow industry best practices in user-interface design, scalability, new technologies, content management & distribution, and general mobile device application development.
What we’re looking for.
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Four or more years of relevant work experience.
– Experience developing Android mobile applications using Android Studio, the Android SDK, Google Play Services, and Android Compatibility Library.
– Experience with Android front-end/UI development (with knowledge of Google Material Design), Web services & XML/JSON/REST connectivity/consumption, and local storage/databases/SQLite.
– Experience in Android development patterns – including Java OOP, SQLite, JSON/Rest APIs, and multi-threading/background tasks.
– Experience in developing Android user interfaces – including relative layouts, List Views, lazy loading/data binding, and flexibility with respect to different screen sizes/densities.
– Experience with RDBMS (SQL Server or Oracle).
Even better if you have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
– Solid knowledge of the mobile industry. Intimate knowledge of the Android handset & tablet devices, platforms and application marketplaces.
– Knowledge of iOS (Objective-C/Swift/XCode/iOS SDK) and/or experience in Enterprise Java, *********** Node.js, or GO Lang.
– Knowledge of NoSQL (MongoDB, CassandraDB).
– Passion for great application architecture and user-experience.
– General understanding of the mobile industry, mobile networking, and cloud/content services.
– Knowledge of single sign-on and tokens.
– Experience with ORMs like Active Android.
– Experience bridging the gap between the creative, business and technical disciplines of web and mobile application development.
– Knowledge of Cloud services and APIs.
– Experience with Git/Bitbucket, Jira, and Jenkins tools.
– Knowledge and experience/analysis of Verizon Fios or similar telecommunications & ecommerce services, business processes, and back-office systems.
– Published one or more applications to the Google Play (Android App) Store and/or Amazon App Store.
When you join Verizon.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.