Job Summary and Mission
The Starbucks Android application is used by millions of users every month and the Android engineering team is growing and innovating quickly to deliver the best possible and inclusive experience to our users. Come join the Starbucks Android engineering team and help evolve mobile engineering at one of the world’s most successful digital rewards and loyalty platforms. If you are driven by innovation, purpose-driven work, technical challenges and want to be a part of some amazing, industry-leading work come join us.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will be responsible for driving successful delivery of your work, utilizing your passion and in-depth knowledge of Android accessibility to improve client components, identifying then subsequently helping to drive efforts to mature team practices and improve the native digital platform. This role requires an effective technical collaborator who has core Android development expertise and has built and deployed apps to the Google Play Store.
As a senior engineer, you will participate in assessing new projects and features for feasibility, writing code for the latest features and important bug fixes, championing accessibility, and working to test and release those features to the public.
- Build, iterate, and enhance the Starbucks Android application
- Champion accessibility
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of architecture and code reviews
- Optimize existing code for maintainability and testability
- Improve app quality with the development of unit and automated UI tests
- Mature and evolve team testing practice and philosophy
- Participate in vision and strategy exercises for the team
- You approach challenges and problems with a positive solution-oriented mindset.
- You can react swiftly to changing requirements and develop and explore alternative solutions
- You have a proven ability to learn new technologies relatively quickly and apply the gained knowledge to address customer and business problems
- You have a passion for Android, and you are up to speed on the latest trends and developments
- A strong passion for learning and adapting to new technologies
- Extensive software engineering experience with the Android platform
- 4+ years of professional experience developing consumer-facing Android mobile applications
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience in integrating RESTful APIs, GraphQL, push notifications and multi-threaded application
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.