Posted Date 4 days ago(7/16/2018 4:30 PM)
Job ID 23739
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a ‘small company’ culture where your ideas will be heard with ‘big company’ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
The group is responsible for the information systems that support our corporation’s Reinsurance Accounting and Reinsurance Claims functions.
The job will focus on implementing new reinsurance feeds and assisting other staff members to implement other lines of business.
Development and Implementation
* Design, develop, test, debug, maintains and documents system components
* Develop time estimates for project deliverables.
* Provide alternative solutions and technical expertise
* Collaborate with end users and project team members on development of requirements and design of application
* Advise manager of risks, issues and concerns
* Collaborate with customers and peers on requirements, design, and testing of applications.
* Learn new software tools and skills as needed.
* Participate in release planning and deployments.
* Exhibits strong business knowledge and builds strong customer relationships.
* Occasionally leads small to moderately complex projects.
* Provide support for URS upgrades, server maintenance and disaster recovery.
* Support and enhance the FDW/EDW data warehouses and associated XLST adaptors with reinsurance related project changes.
* Assist customers and team members in issue resolution and problem solving
* Assist team members in analysis, design and testing
* Participate in test planning, development and execution at integration and system testing levels
* Serve in a backup role for night time production support
* Rotate as primary on call support of Reinsurance application and associated data feeds to/from FDW/EDW.
* Assist in problem resolution during daily and monthly production cycles
* Provide Firefighting production support for URS data, URS Staging tables, and Reinsurance related data in EDW and FDW.
* Knowledge transfer to team members
* Training support.
* Provide accurate and timely management status and time reporting.
* Establish an open relationship with customers, teammates, and other members of the GAI ITServices organization.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems (or related field).
* 5+ years experience using Informatica PowerCenter (preferred but willing to train in Informatica if have experience with other ETL tool)
* 5+ years experience of solid SQL Server/Oracle database skills including the ability to write complex SQL and stored procedures
* Experience with Quality Center tool
* Experience with TOAD tool
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Mgmt Studio tool
* Experience with Dimensions
* Experience with UC4
* Reinsurance and accounting knowledge
* Experience with Financial/Enterprise Data Warehouses
* Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to work effectively with associates at all levels within the organization.
* Demonstrated ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work to satisfy established timeframes.
* Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
* Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
* Must be self-motivated and take initiative.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.