Senior Application and Cloud Support Engineer at EXPERIAN
– Small Business
Experian Site Sections
– About Experian
– Consumer Support
– Credit Advice
– Global Sites
– Corporate Fact Sheet
– Principal Businesses
– Areas of Expertise
– Corporate Responsibility
– Investor Relations
– Our Responsibility
– Our History of Service
– Our Culture
– Our Career Areas
– Our Opportunities
– University Relations
– Online Community
– Third Party Technical Providers
RadiusMiles5 miles15 miles25 miles35 miles50 miles
Search Experian Jobs
Senior Application and Cloud Support Engineer
Job Number: ******
Costa Mesa, California
– Success Profile
– Related Content
– Recent Jobs
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped consumers and clients prosper, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done. Experian has operated at the center of Big Data since before the phrase was coined. Few companies can offer information services on an equivalent scale. Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 4 years in a row. We have 16,000 people operating across 37 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help create a better tomorrow.
– Full Time
– Level: Varies By Role
– Travel: Varies By Role
– Glassdoor Rating: 3.7 out of 5
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Experian Technology is central to the future success of Experian. Whether developing a new product, enhancing a SaaS solution or securing our networks from external threats, you have a critical role to play. When looking for new talent to join our technical teams, we look for individuals with the following traits:
– Innovation 9
– Problem-Solver 9
– Presenter 8
– Technologically savvy 10
– Confident 6
– Independent 4
Traits are on a scale of 0 to 10
– Relationship expertise
– Team player
– Technologically savvy
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
As a Senior Application and Cloud Support Engineer, you’ll be responsible for managing and monitoring all of the environments for a critical financial system. You’ll also be actively involved in the ongoing enhancement and automation of system processes.
– Manage all system processes running in development, QA, mirror, and UAT and Production environments
– Execute monitoring, start/stop schedules and error log monitoring
– Configuration management for all environments
– Balance server and core process usage to optimized use of available resources and work with IT teams to add more systems as necessary
– Set up new environments or applications for the various groups as needed
– Support developers, QA, and other teams who are using the test systems
– Troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise
– Work with DBAs and developers to understand and manage changes in databases between development and QA database instances, ensuring they are in line with production systems
– Manage deployment process to development and QA systems; coordinate with application support team on upcoming deployments into production
– Performance Engineering, load testing, hotspot isolation and remediation.
– Develop additional code and scripts to improve running of processes, monitoring, configuration, etc.
– Assist with production support operations as needed
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
Required Skills & Experience:
– B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
– 3+ years of AWS Operations experience
– Provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure
– Operating applications within containers
– Securing AWS Virtual private clouds
– experience supporting and troubleshooting high performance application environments and performing process monitoring
– 3+ years of SQL experience including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance
– 3+ years of Linux platform support experience; Windows support experience preferred
– bash/shell scripting
– Demonstrated knowledge of network communications
– QA experience is a plus
– Performance Engineering experience
– Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Self-motivation and intellectual curiosity; desire to continually self-improve and seek continual improvements in production support function
– High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
– Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
– Strong organizational skills, including ability to effectively plan and prioritize
Experian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Anyone needing accommodation to complete the interview process should notify the talent acquisition partner. The word ‘Experian’ is a registered trademark in the EU and other countries and is owned by Experian Ltd. and/or its associated companies.
EOE including Disability/Veterans
Experian offers comprehensive coverage with flexible options for you as well as your spouse/domestic partner and eligible dependents. This includes medical, dental and vision insurance, health care savings and spending accounts, dependent care FSA, health & wellness program, and telemedicine.
Personal Finance Protection
We offer several benefits that strengthen your financial protection such as a 401k plan with an employer match, an employee stock purchase plan, life & additional insurance coverage.
We invest in your professional future through our education assistance program and many professional development programs. We also grant 20 scholarships to high school seniors each year to children of Experian employees.
We offer flexible time off in addition to corporate holidays, sick days and paid volunteer time off.
Experian supports your life outside the office with benefits such as our new parental leave policy covering time off for birth mothers as well as birth fathers and mothers/fathers of adoptive or foster children, adoption assistance, and pet insurance.
Experian employees enjoy many other benefits through our employee discounts, company sponsored activities, and flexible total rewards packages. Many of our office locations provide onsite amenities such as fitness centers, game rooms, cafeterias and free snacks in break rooms. We support work/life balance with convenient offices in several metropolitan locations and flexible work arrangements when possible.
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
I’m a problem solver, strategist, and security engineer in the Cyber Threat Management realm. The best part of my job is creativity and thinking outside the box is encouraged. I work in a team that enables me to innovate and collaborate with other teams to help drive our organization to a better tomorrow.Lauren Alvarez, Security Engineer
The best part of my job is the people I get to work with and for. I am surrounded with some of the most innovative, smart and down to earth characters in the field.Rafael Molina, Sr. Information Security Specialist, EITS
At Experian, the technology environment is always changing to keep up with the latest technology out there. It’s innovative, yet what’s motivative is that when there is a change in technology, our employees host training sessions because not everyone fully understand the new technology, so we all grow together to find our best way to every solution.Wes Hoang, Software Dev Intern
If you are looking for a workplace to Innovate, grow in professional career and Work with great leaders, then Experian is the best place to be at!Dhaval Dagli, Technical Product Manager
I personally enjoy working with a variety of application and technical experts in trouble-shooting and figuring out why something failed, and/or working with the same caliber of colleagues to implement real-world solutions to ensure that we have a solid environment that is sustainable and meets the needs of the business.Kenn Johnson, Interim Manager of Cyber Security Engineering
Our strategy is centred on delivering world-class expertise to organisations, transforming our relationship with consumers and delivering growth consistently, underpinned by foundations.Read More
Machine Learning Applications for Payment Transaction Data
‘Experian DataLabs provide a safe and secure environment to partner with our clients to enable breakthrough data experimentation and innovation.’ Eric Haller(Experian North America)
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.
Experian Hackathon 2017
Collaborating in the Office
IT Clinic in Schaumburg
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
More useful information
Follow us for the latest updates
Experian Talent Network
Join here to receive the latest company information, news and upcoming events across Experian.Sign Up For Job Alerts
Employee Stories – The Power of You
Learn about how Experian supports you and your life inside and outside of work.Learn More
Are You Experian Material? Product Development Careers
At the heart of innovation is where you’ll find our Product Development teams. Learn how they’re making a difference.Learn More
Experian Business Information Services
We are looking for talented customer-focused API Developers with 5+ years experience in Node.js, Python and Java.Learn More
– Contracts Coordinator , Franklin, Tennessee
– Product Manager – Prospecting focus , Clearwater, Florida, Costa Mesa, California
– Sr. Software QA Engineer , , Atlanta, Georgia
– Relationship Manager (Digital Sales) , New York, New York
– Legal Terms & Conditions
– Ad Choices
– Investor Relations
– Online Community
– Contact Us
2019 Experian Information Solutions, Inc. Experian Marketing Services All rights reserved.
Experian and the Experian marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Informations Solutions, Inc. Other product and company names mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.