ADP is hiring a Senior Backend Developer.
Are you empathetic to client needs and inspired by transformation and impacting the lives of millions of people every day?Are you looking to join a dynamic, inclusive team environment with a culture of collaboration and belonging?
Well, this may be the role for you. Ready to design what’s next?
As a Senior Backend Developer, you are an innovative thinker with a “can-do” attitude. You will work with teams across the company to leverage technologies that support our backend applications. Your work can include new features, enhancements, and resolving defects for web, mobile, and IoT solutions. Those things are important because our products impact people’s lives.
This is an opportunity to join a product team that develops multi country payroll for 100 plus country and very well supported by global teams.
This product is a market leader with no near competitor and continue to grow by adding market differentiated features with the support of multi talented associates across varied skillsets that today supports almost processing data of 5 M employees.
Every day, you’ll be coding and asking questions that clarify scalability and user challenges. You will be part of an Agile environment working with a team of talented engineers, product owners, and stakeholders continually developing, deploying, and testing application software.
To be successful in this role, you must know how to create functional, maintainable, and scalable code in an object-oriented fashion. You have real-world experience solving business problems and thrive in a fast-paced, Agile environment where you can quickly change direction when needed. You are happy to do hands-on coding and development in Java alongside a team of coders. Your experience allows you to act as a mentor to junior developers. Our best leaders are great communicators and passionate creators who stay current on the latest technologies. They’re always looking for new ways to provide more business value and return on investment while growing their careers.
Like what you see? Apply now!
Learn more about ADP at tech.adp.com/careers
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in HR technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, HR, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. ADP has a deep commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as a global Best Places to Work, DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. Learn more about ADP’s commitment on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day:
- We’ll start each day with a scrum, working together to understand responsibilities, ID any issues, and communicate coding priorities.
- Working in two-week sprints, you must keep up with timelines and good coding standards. Your primary responsibility is to deliver features on time.
- We don’t code in a silo. You’ll talk to everyone from the project manager to Quality Assurance and current customers to understand requirements and create a collaborative output.
- We’re always learning new codes and investigating open source communities. Knowing what questions to ask is more important than knowing the right answers.
- You have 5-7 years of experience in relevant skills gained and developed in the same or similar role.
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent.
- 5-7 years of solid experience in software development with expertise in Design and Architecture.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET technologies including, .net Core, .NET Framework and MVC.
- Experience in building and consuming services (WCF, Rest, and ASP.NET WEP API).
- Understanding of application and web servers, especially IIS.
- Should have Good knowledge on SQL Server Database.
- Basic knowledge on Azure or AWS.
- Performance tuning, triaging SQL database related issues.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application.
- Experience on working with Git and agile methodology.
- Strong analytical/functional background and experience with support and operations activities.
- Strong debugging skills, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Splunk, Cognos and Siebel or any Client interfacing system is desirable
- Must possess strong communication and presentation skills. Strong time management skills for managing multiple, diverse and conflicting activities are required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with general direction or as part of a team.
- Work with distributed teams in development, Service and Product owners
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Find out why people come to ADP and why they stay: https://youtu.be/ODb8lxBrxrY
(ADA version: https://youtu.be/IQjUCA8SOoA )
Explore our COVID-19 page https://tech.adp.com/covid19/ to understand how ADP is approaching safety, travel, the hiring interview process, and more.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Equal Employment Opportunity at ADP: ADP affirms that inequality is detrimental to our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal is to impact lasting change through our actions. Together, we unite for equality and equity. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristic, including race, color, genetic information, creed, national origin, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lawful alien status, ancestry, age, marital status, or protected veteran status and will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of a disability. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Ethics at ADP: ADP has a long, proud history of conducting business with the highest ethical standards and full compliance with all applicable laws. We also expect our people to uphold our values with the highest level of integrity and behave in a manner that fosters an honest and respectful workplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.