Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide) teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions that fit our business needs. You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
- Completes most features and user stories including test cases and automation unattended
- Learns more complex software engineering practices such as domain driven design, test driven development, operations, and security
- Contributes to agile ceremonies, leads demos and presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms, and participates in technology communities
- Participates in system design decisions and learns how these decisions impact the product as a whole
- Learns to support production systems and understands how observed events and failures impact the product
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors – Computer Science or related
- 1+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of advanced beginner on the Dreyfus engineering scale
Bonus Points If You Have:
- UI UX engineering experience
- API integration
External applicants will be required to perform a technical interview.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.