Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate in Digital Lighthouse for our Consulting practice.
- Rapidly architect, design, prototype, implement, and optimize cloud architectures, platforms and applications to tackle the needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; develop cloud platforms and applications using infrastructure as code methodologies to solve real world problems ensuring quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
- Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and be part of teams developing holistic operational solutions & applications contributing with the cloud infrastructure and DevOps capabilities
- Research, experiment, and utilize leading cloud methodologies and new tools for increased productivity, security, reliability and performance; provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
- Progress tools and services useful in cloud DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers, and cloud resource creation scripts
- Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management, and client relationship development; help promote the KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
- Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and clients; participate in developing and presenting thought leadership and help to ensure that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies
- A minimum of four years of DevOps/systems administrator or equivalent distributed systems development experience; preferably in cloud hosted environment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or Master's degree from an accredited college/university with minimum two years of experience; or a PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or related fields from an accredited college/university
- Experience in designing cloud architectures and implementing production infrastructures and applications in one or more of the following cloud environments/technologies: Azure, AWS, GCP using infrastructure as code approach, experience in developing data and analytics platforms and applications on cloud is a plus and experience with cloud native container technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Docker experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, and Puppet is preferred
- Basic software development skills/experience; scripting experience is preferred with a proficiency in Unix/Linux environments and ability to develop in terminal environments; experience with source code management systems like GIT and SVN and the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members
- Strong understanding of networking, identity management, monitoring, logging, vulnerability management, and concepts; depth of understanding with security concepts, protocols and configuration (authentication, authorization, encryption, PKI) with knowledge of IT operating models and processes and experience hardening infrastructures & systems and developing highly available & scalable systems is a plus
- Capability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems; understand engagement objectives which includes a clear understanding of the client's business problem and how the engagement helps address the client's business problem
- Ability to travel up to eighty percent
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.