At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an energetic, collaborative, and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will be expected to:
Collaborate actively with the rest of the Delivery team to:
- Write, maintain, and take the technical ownership of the code for infrastructure, automation, and CI/CD which are part of Retail SSO platform (CTPASS). The main technology stack is as follows:
o Infrastructure as a code: Terraform, Bicep (preferable both)
o Cloud providers: Azure (others are nice to have)
o Source Controls: Git, Azure Repositories (preferable)
o CI/CD: Azure DevOps (preferable), others are nice to have.
o General Programming: Java Spring Boot, Flutter, PowerShell, (others are nice to have)
- Provide 3rd level incident support and resolution for all central apps supporting Retail Banners, and in-store technology, including POS, back-office and customer facing kiosk workstations and displays.
- Participate on projects providing technical leadership and hands-on support as required.
- Participate in technology management processes including technology refresh, asset inventory, patch deployment, configuration management.
- Monitor, update, and maintain existing environment software systems interfaces to ensure that the interfaces exchange data properly with the current legacy environment.
- Understand and improve the application deployment processes.
- Work closely with application development teams and vendors to tune and fix applications.
- Understand the business processes of the applications to triage incidents and application issues.
- Understand the technical components (infra/app/services/integration points) for each business process supporting Retail Business apps.
- Provide application performance tuning and make the apps more resilient to reduce business outages.
- Plan and coordinate testing changes, upgrades, and new services, ensuring systems will operate correctly in current and future environments.
- Lead and participate in efforts to develop and implement processes for application and system monitoring.
- Participate in post-incident reviews and act for app enhancements based on the findings.
- Participate in the on-call pager support rotation.
What you’ve done
- Hands on experience managing cloud infrastructure and automation using Infrastructure-as-code approach and DevOps principles.
- Deep technical comprehension including a solid understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps fundamentals.
- Experience with technologies like Terraform, Bicep, Ansible on the Azure Cloud environment.
- Experience with CI/CD automation using Azure DevOps tools set.
- Experience with application development – preferable with Java Spring Boot, Flutter, SQL, PowerShell, Azure Functions, Azure LogicApps.
- Knowledge of Monitoring Products like Azure Monitor/Log Analytics (preferable), Sumologic, Sensu and Tivoli are nice to have.
- Retail experience is an asset.
- Strong Windows and Linux experience including shell and Perl scripting for administration tasks.
- Knowledge of Service-orientated, Microservices, Event-driven, serverless architectures.
- Bachelor or master’s University degree with a CS, Engineering or other technical focus is considered an asset.
- 5 years' experience as a Technical Specialist supporting IT environments or IT projects.
- Comfortable working with complex data in complex situations with strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Cloud-based platforms like Azure, etc. Containerization with Docker, and related orchestration tools such as Kubernetes.
What we offer
The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your biggest thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change or we offer new opportunities, we help you pivot by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning, and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
The opportunity to thrive on a high caliber team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
True work-life balance. Be at your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and so much more.
We strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this is a hybrid position open to qualified applicants in Ontario, where our hubs are located. Regardless of your working arrangement, we are here to support a healthy work-life balance though our various wellbeing programs.
Note: The working arrangements for this role are accurate as of the date of posting. This may change based on the project you’re engaged in, as well as business and client requirements. Rest assured; we will always be clear about role expectations.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 13 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.