Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Title: Senior Big Data Engineer (Scala, Spark)
Overview of Position
The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for evolving the data pipeline platform for building pipelines that are scalable, robust and resilient and build pipelines to validate, ingest, normalize/enrich and business-specific processing of healthcare data. Build Healthcare Data Lake to consolidate all healthcare data across the company and serve the data to various products and services. He/she will be a thought leader in Big data technologies and their applications in building the platform and pipelines.
The scope of this role will include working with engineering, product management, program management and operations teams in delivering pipeline platforms, foundational and application-specific pipelines and building the Healthcare Data Lake in collaboration with business and strategic partners.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Develop, operate and drive scalable and resilient data platform to address the business requirements; drive technology and business transformation through the creation of the Healthcare Data Lake that will help Change establish a leadership position in healthcare data in the industry
- Ensure industry best practices around data pipelines, metadata management, data quality, data governance and data privacy; design and implement business-specific data pipelines
- Be a thought leader and partner in the development and execution of the Enterprise Technology Strategy
- Create new opportunities in this space for Change with new feature capabilities and new offerings that drive customer and business value; partner with Product Management and Business leaders to drive Agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Assist with the Leadership and collaboration with engineering organizations within Change to manage and optimize the portfolio.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- At least 4 years working experience in Big data technologies
- Experience with Big Data tech stack, including Hadoop, Java, Spark, Scala, and Hive, NoSQL data stores
- Experience leading design and development of large systems and worked with large engineering teams
- Experience with public Clouds, including AWS
- Full Stack Experience (End to End Development)
- Computer Science degree in Computer Science
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Demonstrates strong drive to learn and advocate for development best practices
- Experience working with large scale distributed computing
- Experience building data pipelines
- Proven track record of building and delivering enterprise-class products
- Crisp and effective executive communication skills, including significant experience presenting cross-functionally and across all levels
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $122,590 – $237,600. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $106,600 – $198,000. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $127,920 – $237,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.