Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Senior Big Data Platform Development Engineer – Healthcare Data Cloud
Overview of Position
As Senior Big Data Platform Development Engineer, you will evolve the data cloud platform and building pipelines that are scalable, robust and resilient, to validate, ingest, normalize/enrich and support business rule processing of healthcare data. You will provide leadership in big data and cloud technologies. You will work with engineering, product management, program management and operations teams planning and delivering the data platform products. You are an independent and resourceful backend or full-stack development engineer with advanced design and problem-solving skills, demonstrated competency in building enterprise and cloud products, and you enjoy working in diverse and fast paced engineering teams.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Develop a scalable and resilient cloud data platform and scalable data pipelines.
- Ensure industry best practices around data pipelines, metadata management, data quality, data governance and data privacy.
- Be a thought leader and partner in the development and execution of the Enterprise Technology Strategy
- Create new opportunities in this space for Change with new feature capabilities and new offerings that drive customer and business value.
- Partner with Product Management and Business leaders to drive Agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Assist with the Leadership and collaboration with engineering organizations within Change to manage and optimize portfolio.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of experience with Big Data pipelines with Spark in Java, Scala, Python
- Proven track record of building scaled data platforms and enterprise products, working in large engineering teams
- Experience with public Clouds such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Strong backend programming skills for data processing, with practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, microservices, multi-threaded development and performance patterns.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, and 8+ years of software development experience
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Advances Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique need of different audiences
- Ensures Accountability: Holds self and other accountable to meet commitments.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $122,590 – $237,600. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $106,600 – $198,000. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $127,920 – $237,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.