Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Research Informatics Operations (RIO) team is looking for a seasoned business analyst to coordinate and support the information system needs of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI) research community. The incumbent will participate in the design, development, implementation, and support of the overall clinical trial support and research operations at DFCI utilizing various vendor and in-house developed systems, including enterprise-wide systems, to meet the changing needs of the scientific and clinical research community.
Incumbent will join the Business Relationship Management Team at Dana Farber Cancer Institute (DFCI), part of the Research Informatics Operations (RIO) Department. The incumbent will lead complex projects, support high-profile users, and collaborate in re-engineering and developing new business processes to support DFCI’s need for automation and process development for new clinical trials management initiatives and basic science. Work will include leading strategic initiatives to enhance the functionality and accessibility of DFCI's computational resources and information technology platforms, leading workflow and business process flow analysis, and definition and documentation of system requirements. The incumbent will work under the guidance of the Business Relationship Manager.
RIO is a subdivision of the DFCI Research Informatics and Analytics department led by the Chief Health Information Officer. RIO is a significant component of the Clinical Research Support Unit for the DF/HCC consortium. The DF/HCC is comprised of the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston Children’s Hospital, Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Harvard Medical School and the Harvard School of Public Health. RIO supports clinical trials research informatics systems for the DF/HCC member institutions with regards to oncology research.
- Manage a complex annual portfolio of high-impact projects; develop strategic relationships with partners and/or potential customers. Creatively recommend solutions on the fly based on the vast portfolio of product and services provided by RIO
- Lead business requirements gathering, workflow analysis, definition and documentation of system requirements for the many clinical research business processes as they relate to the various clinical trial systems, biobanking and basic research systems (i.e. REDCap, Curation Plaform, OnCore, PRMS, LIMS, ELN, InForm, etc.)
- Support the analysis, design, and implementation of major strategic initiatives; Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Translational research data capabilities, Multi-Cancer Early Detection consortium, etc.
- Work autonomously to define project approach, develop alternative solutions (automated and manual), and provide appropriate feedback to meet both system and operational objectives
- Schedule and run meetings, report progress, track and route issues
- Develop and maintain expertise around the informatics brand; products, capabilities and services to add value to our researchers and their initiatives
- Promote product awareness to address all client needs and ensure maximum usage of existing solutions (LabVantage LIMS, caTissue, eLabJournal, iMedRIS, Heath Catalyst, Curation Platform, RedCap, OncDRS, etc.)
- Learn and utilize new products and tools, as appropriate, to successfully complete work assignments
- Collaborate with other RIO and Informatics departmental teams to ensure alignment of work streams in accordance with Institute goals
- Interact with senior executives, management, and all levels of faculty and staff on current and future initiatives to ensure high-quality, high-impact decisions on technical solutions and innovative projects
- Manage vendor relationships
- Continually innovate based on industry trends and facilitate networking with outside institutions
- Follow project management lifecycle in accordance with DFCI, DF/HCC, Partners and group specific standards.
- Serve as an exemplary representative of RIO. On-going communication, feedback and follow-through with customers/peers are essential
- Actively participate in and support team culture
- Utilize Dana-Farber Cancer Institute values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and/or needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Information Technology, Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science, Basic Sciences or other relevant healthcare or life sciences field preferred.
- 7+ years in IT as a business analyst in a customer facing role, in an academic and/or healthcare setting; clinical research experience a plus.
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams of 10 or more indirect resources, including directing the work of user and business representatives within workgroups
- Experience with successful implementation of enterprise applications
- 2+ years demonstrated project management experience
- Proficient in complete MS Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.