on Company Website
Senior Business Analyst
Jersey City, NJ
on Company Website
Posted 17 hours ago
The Information Technology Department (ITEC) has worldwide responsibility for supplying Global Banking and Investor Solutions (GBIS) Divisions with the IT resources necessary for them to operate under competitive conditions in terms of technological standards, service quality and cost. ITEC is composed of diverse and talented professionals who translate ideas into action every day by combining the strength of its expertise in IT with a deep understanding of the investment banking business and regulations. ITEC has a threefold responsibility as follows: (1) Deliver innovative IT Solutions that enable GBIS to achieve its business objectives. (2) Maintain a highly resilient, flexible, cost effective and well controlled production service for our business applications, systems and infrastructure. (3) Facilitate entry into new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes and add operational efficiency improvements in our overall front to back processing environment. ITEC achieves this while promoting a collaborative, innovative, and fun environment for its IT professionals.
The GRC team is responsible for the design, development and management of ‘Governance, Risk and Compliance’ solutions across all business lines using a combination of out-of-the-box and custom modules of RSA Archer.
The primary responsibility is to gather, analyze, document, and validate the needs of the business stakeholders in the GRC space. The business analyst will use the full range of business analysis skills including: user interface, interviewing, workflow analysis, testing, documentation, gap analysis and specification writing.
– Works with business partners within across regions and functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Demonstrates an informed knowledge of a several business areas and across assets to resolve problems on an ongoing basis
– Responsible for the collection, analysis and documentation of a client’s business requirements
– Establishes relationship with business partners to provide technical solutions to meet user needs.
– Understands client’s priorities of projects and requests. Assesses client needs utilizing a structured requirements process (gathering, analyzing, documenting, and managing changes) to prioritize immediate business needs and recommends options, risks and cost vs. benefits
– Presents status of projects to the clients, propose arbitration and secures funding for projects
– Fosters innovation within the team
– Provides expertise and challenges the business, where necessary, on projects and requirements
– Develops, writes, and communicates business requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Procures technical assistance to help in problem resolution.
– Works closely with developers to clarify requirements, and ensure development is done according to requirement
– Helps to maintain priorities of tasks for the team, and organizes sprints
– Develops test cases and validates test results during the testing phase
– Organizes demonstrations to ensure delivery is according to the user’s requirements
– Investigates, resolves and escalates production problems
– Conducts feasibility studies and drafts proposals for evaluation by appropriate users and managers. Develops and assists in the presentation of business cases.
– Works closely with several teams across technology and operations to complete project needs
– Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status
– Makes decisions for releases and support
– Act as support level Subject Matter Expert (SME) as necessary
– Extensive knowledge of the RSA Archer GRC platform (6.*)
– Excel, Word, Microsoft Power Point, Visio
– Project management tools or Microsoft Project Manager
– Agile development methodology and Software development lifecycle expertise
– XML, VBA, SQL, Source control tools
Desired / Plus:
– Solid understanding of systems integration concepts
– Other GRC Solutions (Open Pages, BWise..)
– Test automation tools
– Proven expertise as business analyst in a similar environment
– Confident familiarity with Risk Assessment methodology
– Advanced skills in interfacing with business clients (front office, middle office) to comprehend and document business requirements and their priority as well as develop technical or user process solutions
– Advanced skills in interfacing with teams of developers, solid familiarity with major SDLC approaches (accent on Agile methods family)
– Excellent communication and written skills
– Ability to manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects
– Rigorous and structured, dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to make decision in a high-pressure environment
– In-depth knowledge of the Business area the position is focused on GRC
– Ability to coordinate and facilitate project execution and delivery commitment with other teams under different operational time zones
– Proactive on taking leadership, self motivated, dynamic and result oriented
– Team player with collaborate attitude, able to maintain high level of discipline within the given SDLC process
– Proven expertise as business analyst in GRC space – at list 4 years.
– Comprehensive understanding of business analysis methodologies.
– Previous significant experience as a senior business analyst in an investment banking environment (5-7 years)
– 3+ years of experience directly interfacing with business clients (front office, middle office and back office) to comprehend and develop technical or user process solutions.
Desired / Plus:
– Management experience
Bachelor / Master Degree in MIS or Finance.
Desired / Plus:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.