Posted Date 7 days ago(5/4/2018 3:07 PM)
Job ID 23582
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a ‘small company’ culture where your ideas will be heard with ‘big company’ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
* Leads requirements gathering sessions with business unit and end user; documents end user requirements for data capture, program functions, data quality, reports and analysis, and training.
* Analyzes, identifies and writes detailed user requirements, program functions, and tasks required to develop or modify computer applications.
* Acts as a liaison between business and IT, developing and maintaining knowledge of customer’s business.
* Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements.
* Makes recommendations for business process improvements with a thorough understanding of business and technical problems and solutions as they relate to the technology needs.
* Assists with the design and implementation of operational and system enhancements to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
* Oversees release management activities for assigned applications, including creation of change requests, development of release runbook, end-user communication, updating of user and system documentation, and release validation (after-hours).
* May assist in the creation, validation and execution of test plans for assigned applications.
* May assist in production support to end users for assigned applications.
* May serve as Scrum Master on an agile team, facilitating various scrum ceremonies and assisting in the coordination of work with outside teams.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Information Technology, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 5 or more years of related experience that includes experience in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting
and / or maintaining applications required or configuring and using application software in a business setting.
* Exhibits strong business knowledge and builds strong customer relationships.
* Leads small to moderately complex projects.
* Takes initiative; understands what needs to be accomplished and takes action.
* Requires minimal supervision.
* Produces high quality work with attention to detail.
* Communicates effectively and has the ability to present information to customers at any level within the organization.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.