Senior Business Analyst I – II
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Tier II – Credit Check Mod
Interacts with various stakeholders, including subject matter experts, executives, operational users, etc. and technical staff to analyze, elicit, and document requirements associated with defined system scope and objectives for technical solutions. Highest levels partner with previous audiences to establish project vision and drive scope, including determination of appropriate technology solutions.
– Facilitates and/or leads the development of application requirements to include planning and determining elicitation approach.
– Drives the interpretation of business objectives and system scope from the stakeholders to the developers; provides input on scope management and resolves issues related to the impact of changes to scope.
– Establishes project vision and proposes scope, including partnering with technical staff to determine appropriate technology solutions for high profile, high visibility projects.
– Performs research and influences the strategy for the most complex requirements (potentially including data analyses to identify valuable business information to drive project scope).
– Analyzes complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers including recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge.
– Provides technical consultation, mentoring and thought leadership to cross-functional teams related to project vision and interdependencies.
– Recommends improvements to processes or technical solutions to resolve identified gaps or underlying issues.
– Selects and/or recommends appropriate artifacts and processes to be used to best suit the project’s needs.
– Reviews artifacts and final requirements and obtains final endorsement from stakeholders.
– Works with developers, stakeholders, and senior management to coordinate resolution of issues related to functionality that does not meet intended requirements.
– Negotiates commitments by facilitating communication between developers and stakeholders at various levels of the organization.
– Bachelor’s degree specializing in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
– Five to seven years business analysis experience with elicitation, defining scope, creating documentation, and collaborating with technical staff.
– Proficient computer skills in programs including, but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Internet, and e-mail programs.
– Leads and influences junior staff, peers outside of unit, and stakeholders.
– Typically leads development of requirements for highly complex and visible projects.
– Works independently; coordinates project based activities by assigning and reviewing work, and balancing workloads.
– Accountable for execution and/or success of requirements for overall project.
– Reviews and recommends actions based on broad perspective to ensure full identification and resolution of potential conflicts and risks among business processes and/or technical systems.
– Strong ability to understand concepts or problems from the business perspective to effectively guide the analysis and development of requirements, and define appropriate solutions. Applies excellent understanding of SDLC, including how it relates to the various software development methodologies and processes (e.g., agile, scrum) to deliver functionality.
– Understands complex technical concepts and problems involving various systems and processes.
– Skilled at planning an integrating multiple internal and external systems into the strategic vision to establish and accomplish project goals.
– United States citizenship or lawful permanent resident alien status with at least three or more years of United States residency from the date of legal entry to the United States is required for this position.
This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while preforming the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and our YouTube channel – Kansas City Fed.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the Bank recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability and/or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.