Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $11 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world’s largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients.
Team and Opportunity
Serves as a subject matter expert for business systems and user needs, and contributes to the alignment of the investment technology strategy. Utilizes deep understanding of business needs to provide business technology solutions. Leads the implementation and testing for aligned business systems.
- Proactively analyzes business and user needs and identifies, evaluates, and develops complex information systems to meet business requirements. Provides insight on the business implications of technology systems.
- Provides senior level consulting services to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results. Formulates and defines the systems scope and objectives, based on user needs and emerging industry trends in investment and business systems technology.
- Utilizes deep understanding of business needs to direct process improvement projects for internal business groups, aiming to improve key business results. Leads the design and testing of new or enhanced applications that align to the overall investment technology strategy.
- Leads the implementation of business systems and software. Analyzes, defines, and documents existing systems logic challenges, and makes revisions to address business issues.
- Monitors user experiences and feedback on the use of business applications, and makes enhancements to system productivity, as needed. Leads the collection, documentation, and maintenance of functional requirements and modeling.
- Guides and advises less experienced crew.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years business analysis experience in Investment Portfolio Management and/or Trading and Operational Management. Additional Five years related work experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or Economics degree preferred. Graduate degree preferred.
- CFA preferred.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
Future of Work
During the pandemic, we transitioned to a work from home model for the majority of our crew and we continue to interview, hire, and on-board future crew remotely.
As we have developed the path forward, we have taken a thoughtful approach that both maximizes the advantages of working remotely and the many benefits of coming together and collaborating in a shared workspace. We believe that in-person interactions among our crew are important for preserving our unique culture and advantageous for the personal development of our crew.
When our Crew return to the office, many will work in our hybrid model. A smaller proportion of our crew will operate in the Work from Home work model (for example, field sales crew); or in the Work from Office model (for example, portfolio managers).
The working model that your role falls into will be communicated to you in the interview process – please do ask if you are unsure. We encourage you to make the decision regarding your job interview and offer knowing which model your role will fall into. We will test and learn as our ways of working evolve and will continue to evaluate working models along the way.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.