This position will be a part of the Business Intelligence Project Portfolio team and will be responsible for performing discovery and estimating tasks, as well as documenting clear requirements and ensuring the Business Intelligence tasks are delivered with high quality and on time.
Deliver against business intelligence objectives including creating solutions for information delivery and data analytics projects with the goal of empowering and enabling business users with actionable information. Expectations include independently analyzing, designing, and developing business intelligence and analytics solutions using coding standards and best practices in close partnership with business teams, architecture, and IT leaders; as well as, mentoring junior staff by providing guidance and design consultation.
- Independently creates solutions that provide accurate information quickly to the organization.
- Analyzes, designs and builds reports, dashboards or other business intelligence components as needed.
- Responsible for development initiatives that may drive the creation of new data assets or information exchange to support the creation of decision support applications or business intelligence/analytics solutions.
- Work closely with other staff to identify levels of effort and task dependencies as assigned by the Manager.
- Provides technical guidance on the creation of database tables, objects, assets and/or cubes utilizing commonly accepted methodologies and best practices for dimensional modeling and normal forms. Leads the creation of data marts as needed.
- Trains and mentors business intelligence and analytics staff on use of new technologies, design and development approaches and the application of established standards and best practices for business intelligence development and data design.
- Collaborates with other developers on the application of standards and best practices and contributes to the evolution of best practices and standards aimed at improving scalability, performance and maintainability; as well as, mentoring junior staff on the use and value of those standards.
- Oversees and/or participates in the research and evaluation of new business intelligence, analytics and/or data visualization technologies.
- Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and return on investment.
- Considers the technology changes that have taken place over the years and helps project the trends for the future. Trains and mentors programming staff on use of newly acquired/adopted technologies.
- Creates architecture and/or design documents that may be needed to initiate new development efforts, which may come from knowledge of the overall environment or incoming requirements and specifications.
- Reviews incoming projects to determine if existing technologies/capabilities can support the needs of the incoming request.
- Demonstrates the ability to work collaboratively or autonomously (based on the situation) on the design, creation and maintenance of metadata layers that provide easy to understand and accurate representations of our physical data structures and that allow the organization's user communities to derive value and insights from our data assets.
- Will support, either through consultation, coaching, mentoring or by specifically performing the necessary tasks independently, the analysis, designs and development of reports, dashboards or data sources as needed.
- Maintain communication with customers, internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting for production issues or to ensure high levels of customer focus relating to business intelligence and analytics solutions.
Other Job Requirements
A bachelor’s degree in business intelligence, management information systems, mathematics, statistics, analytics, computer and information sciences or similar is required. Will substitute seven years of direct experience in business intelligence, data analytics or statistics in lieu of a bachelor’s degree.
4+ years of work experience in BI or related discipline, other employment or volunteer activities or demonstrated proficiency in Business Intelligence/Analytics project activities through successful initiatives that demonstrate competence that goes beyond what is typical of individuals with 4+ years of work experience.
Prior experience as a Business Intelligence Developer or Data Analyst supporting business intelligence, reporting, analytics or data warehouse projects.
Experience researching and implementing new information systems in a business setting.
Demonstrated experience using multiple databases and tools and using leading business intelligence, analytics or data visualization technologies.
Familiarity with a broad range of data platforms (e.g., Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop, Netezza, Teradata, RedShift, Snowflake) and Business Intelligence/data visualization tools/platforms/environments (IBM Cognos, SAS, R, Qlik, OracleBI and SQL Server Reporting Services/PowerBI, Micros Strategy, Tableau) is required.
Hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
The ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction. Experience serving as the senior member on business intelligence or analytics/data warehousing projects with responsibility for design and approach decisions on projects.
The ability to overcome technical, political, environmental, and/or product owner related impediments to drive results.
General Job Information
Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Work Experience – Required
Business Intelligence, IT
Work Experience – Preferred
Education – Required
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered., Bachelors – Computer and Information Science, Bachelors – Information Technology, Bachelors – Mathematics, Bachelors – Statistics
Education – Preferred
License and Certifications – Required
License and Certifications – Preferred
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Actual pay will be adjusted based on an individual's skills, experience, education, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
This position may be eligible for short-term incentives as well as a comprehensive benefits package. Magellan offers a broad range of health, life, voluntary and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing.
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the security responsibilities and security controls unique to their position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.