Job Description – Ball Corporation
Senior Business Intelligence Developer – Microsoft EDW Focused (******)
CO – Lafayette
Return to Page
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe–from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Business Intelligence Developer – Microsoft EDW Focused
What You’ll Do
– Participate in the full lifecycle of BI development including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deploying, maintaining and providing end user support for a Microsoft based Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
– Model dimensional data in Microsoft SQL server.
– Code ETL jobs in SSIS.
– Code OLAP cubes in SSAS.
– Participate in the full lifecycle of static report development including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deploying, maintaining and providing end user support using SSRS and SAP Business Objects.
– Write reports in SSRS and SAP Business objects.
– Participate in the full lifecycle of a new data virtualization service including requirements gathering, design, data modeling, tuning, testing, deploying, maintaining and providing end user support of Denodo.
– Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
– Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
– Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
– BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
– Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
– Experience writing t-SQL, pl/sql, SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS required.
– Experience creating universes and reports in Business Objects required.
– Experience with Denodo or other data virtualization tool preferred.
– Experience in Agile/Scrum methodology preferred.
– Must have strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
– Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Work is performed in an office environment.
– Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Return to Page
– Candidate Experience
Default Local Node:
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.