The American Chemical Society is looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join the Society and Administrative Technology (SAT) Department within the Washington IT Division.
Division and Unit Overview
The Washington IT Division of the American Chemical Society provides to ACS members and the worldwide scientific community a comprehensive collection of high-quality information products and services for the practice and advancement of the chemical sciences.
ACS’s members and volunteers are the heart of the organization. The Society and Administrative Technology (SAT) Department within the Washington IT Division aims to support their professional and academic pursuits by delivering intuitive, high quality, highly available, and secure systems and applications. We intend to exceed the expectations of our business partners by anticipating, understanding and validating their business needs; providing useful, cost-effective solutions and support in a timely manner; adhering to established guidelines and standards; and continuously adapting to the evolving environment.
This position reports to the Manager of Society PMO and provides business and analytical expertise across society portfolios and operational divisions. The Senior Business Analyst is an experienced professional who is capable of acquiring and translating requirements into design and implementation for a complex business system. This position requires the ability to work independently and take initiative while working effectively as a senior member of a project team.
– Participate in business process, and identification and implementation of technical solutions supporting them, activities including: designing, modeling, monitoring, and optimizing systems and the effective execution of projects in support of those activities
– Partner with external vendors and internal teams in data mapping activities, making raw data readily available in intuitive formats for use by business partner colleagues for data-driven decision-making
– Gather, analyze and document business requirements
– Develop deep understanding of supported business portfolios by learning business processes and current and available enabling technologies
– Assist Project Managers in planning and executing projects
– Coordinate 3rd party solution evaluation efforts
– Plan and coordinate project testing activities including UAT, System, Integration, and Unit testing
– Maintain high level understanding of current ACS technologies and infrastructure
– Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including analysis of business function, software design, specifications development, software development, prototyping, user-feedback sessions, testing, documentation, ongoing maintenance, adding functionality and planning for redesign or transition to new platforms
– Integrate quality into all work
– Assist in troubleshooting problems in the production environment
– Regularly communicate status to project and portfolio managers and other interested parties
– Produce comprehensive business documentation relevant to completed projects
– Assist in the development of standards, policies and methodologies within the development group
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst; ability to work with customers to identify software solutions for complex business applications; strong analytical skills; strong business process modeling skills including current and future state diagrams; UML, IDEF0, Zachman Framework, or other modeling techniques or frameworks experience preferred; experience using System Architect, Visio or equivalent system architecture or diagramming tool; familiarity with the capabilities and uses of the following systems/applications: Portal technologies, Content Management Systems, Association Management Systems, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Financial Systems, Data Repositories; ability to understand the inter-relationships of programs, products and services and the applications supporting them.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.