We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Business Systems Analyst. We are open to talent who are interested in our office in either Farmington, CT or Canton, MA.
As a key member of our IT division, you will have an opportunity to be a part of an experienced, focused, innovative team of IT professionals that span the U.S. As a Senior Business Systems Analyst you will serve on Agile teams and be charged to take on the role of a product owner in additional to being an expert in delivering quality technical solutions to complex user needs.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst conducts detailed research in order to transform business requirements into precise, high quality user stories or functional specifications.
* Responsible for eliciting, analyzing, documenting and validating business requirements and recommending solutions in support of business needs and overall IT strategies. Recognizes improvement opportunities and effectively presents recommendations to stakeholders. Accurately identifies, defines and communicates business problem and solution scope.
* Produces business requirements documents, diagrams, use case modeling, business process and workflow modeling for complex assignments.
* Leads requirements elicitation and review sessions with customers and IT stakeholders. Creates a product backlog based on defined Epics and User Stories. Works closely with development team members in the process of analyzing business requirements and evaluating possible solutions. Ensures questions/ issues are addressed. Manages approval and estimation process. Manages requests for change and ensures proper change control procedures are followed.
* Serves as one of the primary liaisons between IT and assigned business and/ or service units. Uses knowledge of business products, workflow and processes and service unit objectives to assist IT team members in solution development. Maintains a strong understanding of business priorities and objectives. Uses this knowledge to prioritize work while managing multiple complex assignments.
* Maintains current knowledge of insurance industry developments.
* Communicates effectively with team members, customers and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
* Responsible for working with project teams and end users to coordinate systems testing, training and support. Assists with review of test strategies, test plans, test cases and expected results. Performs post implementation evaluation of effectiveness of solution and works with team members to continually improve processes.
* Monitors and reports on progress against plan, escalating issues to IT management as appropriate.
* Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
* Strong communication skills required for interaction with business partners and IT team members.
* Experience working in an Agile environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree or comparable, related work experience required
* Computer Science or IT qualifications preferred
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of related experience as a business/ systems analyst
* 3+ years of experience combination of Production Support and Software Development as a business analyst
* Experienced in financial reporting, regulatory reporting (i.e.: Medicare; NCCI; State reporting)
* Experienced with SQL server
* Basic working knowledge with Microsoft .NET and Java
* Knowledge of claims management (experience as a claim handler preferred), workflow and claims systems, preferably in specialty insurance segment is a plus
* 2+ years of experience within an Agile/Scrum Environment and experience on enterprise level or strategic business projects
* Experience in Property/ Casualty or Specialty insurance markets highly preferred
* CPCU, IIA Certifications or comparable insurance certification preferred
* Certificate in business analysis or comparable professional designation preferred
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.