MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
In this role, you will help deliver new simulation capabilities for desktop simulations and build out the ecosystem to support cloud-based simulations. This position is on the Simulink Simulation team, which is responsible for exposing and advancing the capabilities of the core simulation engine.
Simulink is a world-renowned tool for model-based design, whereby physical systems are graphically modelled for the purposes of simulation and automatic code generation.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
Your focus areas will include exposing Simulink's simulator capabilities to external users and internal clients, enabling new workflows, such as ditributed simulation, remote simulation, and integration with other software tools.
A significant part of this role would be working on the software infrastructure for the Simulink product where you will be advancing the C++ software architecture of the Simulink engine.
You will participate in all facets of software development including:
- Understand customer requirements
- Architect, design and implement high-quality scalable software features
- Participate in architecture and design reviews
- Re-architect existing software to accommodate new requirements
- Collaborate with cross-functional product development teams to evolve semantics and new features of Simulink
- Master’s degree with at least 5 years’ experience or a PhD in engineering or computer science.
- Experience with a very large C++ code base.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Experience with distributed systems, Docker, cloud computing, inter-process communication is a plus
- Exposure to MATLAB and Simulink is a plus, but not required.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Expertise with C++
- Experience with object oriented design
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.