Our Los Angeles office is looking for an experienced California-Registered Professional Civil Engineer to play a lead role on a variety of exciting site development, roadway and civil infrastructure projects and support our developing water business with a focus on servicing an existing on-call contract with the Bureau of Engineering and addressing issues of persistent drought, water reuse and recycling, climate adaptation and ageing infrastructure. The successful individual will support the leadership and growth of the Civil Engineering and water team in Los Angeles.
The ideal candidate for this opportunity will be a talented and driven engineer who will be responsible for overseeing the production of design documents, providing leadership for a team of up to ten civil engineers working on a variety of projects, developing relationships with existing clients and project collaborators in the Los Angeles market, and helping to expand the civil engineering team’s reach into the local (southern California) market.
Candidates shall have the following attributes and experience:
· Resourceful and creative problem solver, with site development and water project delivery experience in the Los Angeles market.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the interactions with associated disciplines including geotechnical engineering, transportation planning, urban planning, environmental engineering, cost engineering, SMEP, and landscape architecture.
· Proven leadership experience – able to build consensus among clients and teammates, alike.
· You’re an excellent communicator with superior verbal, written, listening and graphical skills – you are great at simplifying complex ideas and relating them in a way that people understand.
· You have the planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced and challenging environment working across a variety of projects and proposals.
· You have a sound knowledge of engineering fundamentals and a strong attention to detail.
· You enjoy being a self-starter and researching new technologies and processes and communicating ideas to teammates, clients and project collaborators.
· You are passionate about design, highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges.
· Proven experience with working directly with contractors and project owners, preferably with Design-Build project delivery experience.
· Proven proposal writing experience and experience of contributing to growth of team(s) through business planning and marketing activities.
· Staff mentoring and structured training experience.
You’ll love this position if:
· You want the freedom to push boundaries and the space to explore your career as you take responsibility for helping us shape a better world. Arup still follows the business principles our founder, Ove Arup, set out in his Key Speech.
· You thrive in a truly multi-disciplinary environment – we have over 40 disciplines in our Los Angeles office alone and regularly collaborate with them on the delivery of a variety of projects.
· You are driven to help grow the business, broaden our water capabilities and can develop relationships in the local market.
· You enjoy working directly with clients, contractors and the project team for projects throughout California, the Americas and beyond and are willing to take responsibility for project delivery.
· You desire to have a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering – a Master’s Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering is preferred.
· Your California PE license.
· 10+ years of experience on water, land development and/or transportation projects, preferably in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
· A working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation design software skills preferred.
· Project management experience including commercial / financial responsibility for projects and performance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.