Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join UNIVAR SOLUTIONS, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At UNIVAR SOLUTIONS, were building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, youll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The SENIOR DATA ANALYST assists with the efficient development, maintenance and deployment of AI, ML and statistical models. This role supports data analysis, feature engineering, data visualization and program tracking for the Advanced Analytics function.
* Perform various types of analysis supporting Artificial Intelligence models: Exploratory, Investigatory, Ad Hoc etc. using data from various systems, explaining results to stakeholders
* Develop reports, models, scorecards, and dashboards by gathering data and transforming it into insights that drive recommendations and decision-making
* Building interactive visualization (Python, R, Tableau etc.)
* Develop AI model elements using statistical modelling tools such as Python, R etc
* Represents Advanced Analytics in meetings or presentations as needed
* Performs other related duties as required or requested
* 5+ years experience in an analytically intense field or discipline
* BA or BS degree in a technical field such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics
* Strong mathematical/statistical knowledge
* Technical programming experience: SQL, Python, R, SAS, MATLAB etc
* Familiarity with Cloud database (AWS, Azure, GCP) a plus
* Data management skills hands on experience with very large data sets using SQL or other technology
* Curiosity: Exhibits interest in investigating issues, improving processes and continuously pursuing a better solution
* Technical translation: Ability to translate technical responses into business language.Also ability to translate a business problem into a technical response
* Collaborative: Eager to collaborate with others inside and outside the team for data, analysis or technological questions
* Self Starter: This person does not need to wait for direction.Can understand a problem or task has the drive to pursue resolution
UNIVAR SOLUTIONS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits toemployees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.