Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This person will be working directly with the Xfinity Mobile Risk Management, Finance, Technology, Care, and Business Intelligence teams in order to minimize bad debt and improve credit strategy. A large part of the position will be ad-hoc data analysis, pulling, joining, and formatting data for reports from our National Data Warehouse (Teradata), Xfinity Mobile Business Intelligence Platform (Cloudera Hadoop), application logs (Splunk), and many other sources. This person will be knee deep in data to aid in all of our credit investigations and reporting at all levels of Xfinity Mobile management.
Who will succeed in this position:
– A positive attitude who can work quickly and independently. Someone who is willing to proactively approach the work and come to the management team with new ideas and better ways to do things will go far.
– Being willing and able to learn the systems and tools will be invaluable.
– Proven experience with advanced analytics – answering topical business questions
– Knowledge of statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
– Passion for data analytics, science, and visualization
– This person needs to know how to code fluently in at least one statistics/data language and be comfortable learning new – R (what we mainly use), SAS, or python are common, but there are others
– SQL fluency is a must have, in any flavor. We primarily use Teradata and Impala here, but any flavor works
– Must have experience in tableau or another reporting software
– Excel is so obvious as to be almost unnecessary to mention
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent – preferably from computer science or other quantitative background
– Generally this role requires 5-7 years experience
– This person needs 2-5 years of hand on experience in data analysis of data science
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.