WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are in the early stages of building a Data Management platform that will ensure the uniformity, accuracy and accountability of enterprise-wide data assets and deliver Data as a Service to our stakeholders across several master data domains in coming years. The data assets will be underpinned by domain-based Enterprise Data Models and Data Catalogues providing clear definitions of the enterprise data.
The Data Architect will work as an integral part of an Agile Team in the Enterprise Data Modelling (EDM) squad, working closely with the other Data Architects and Solution Architects
- Designing and refining the enterprise data architecture/modelling strategy,
- Developing enterprise data models for the business data domains by working with the global data stewards to understand current and target states
- Support the data cataloguing activities to ensure models, dictionaries, terms are clear and available to the relevant stakeholders
- Support the data cataloguing activities to ensure its data lineage for domain models are trusted for our digital transformation journey
- Other responsibilities include collaborating with data architects and solution architects across the tribe to define data architectural best practices and standards for delivering a consistent data architecture practice
- Collaborate with tribe members across all squads including data analytics and MDM to support delivery of trusted ‘data products’ based on clear data models and definitions.
- Pro-actively support the identification of data quality gaps and business processes that need to be changed and/or implemented to support successful data quality.
The Data Architect will work closely with internal and external developers, functional business partners, data stewards, software vendors and other service providers to provide high quality data architecture that meets the business needs of the global BCG organization.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- All aspects of data architecture and data modelling (conceptual, logical, physical)
- Understanding and translating business requirements and processes to data requirements and flexible data models
- Mentoring and leading a team of data architects to develop Enterprise data models
- Understanding the value of data catalogues and how best to integrate with data models
- Defining data dictionaries, business glossaries
- Working independently with general direction and flexibility in a fast-paced environment supported by other EDM Data Architects, EDM Product Owner and Enterprise Architects.
- Organization & prioritization; excellent communication skills across cultures in English
- Handling stressful situations, with strong Integrity and a positive attitude
- Communicating and working with project stakeholders (technical as well as end users) to understand business requirements and implement data solutions for diverse problems
- Proven experience of translating business requirements to data models and data flows to ensure that business needs can be met.
- Proven track record of Leading design and build of Enterprise data models
- Defining best practices and enterprise architecture standards
- Design of conceptual, logical and physical Data models and
- Understand how to design/define data models for data integration and analytic use cases
- Experience in conducting and supporting data modelling workshops to improve overall data understanding
- Passion for data architecture, modelling and staying abreast of new technologies and practices that could enable the BCG vision of Data as a Service services
- Experience in data modelling tools (such as Erwin)
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of IT experience with major focus on data related projects and data services
- 10+ years of defining Enterprise data Architecture, models and domain based Logical data models
- Strong Data architecture, modelling and data services delivery experience for Operational and analytical use cases
- Canonical data model design and build experience for data integration preferred
- Experience in data catalogue curation of data model assets
- Experience of data cataloguing tools, Talend data catalogue preferred
- Strong understanding of database storage concepts (data lake, relational databases, NoSQL, Graph, data warehousing, S3 buckets, Snowflake).
- Knowledge of Agile processes and principles, including SDLC and CI/CD
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Working closely with the EDM Product Owner, Data Catalogue Analysts, Data Stewards, Solution Architects, Data Stewards and business contacts across BCG functions, DBA’s, and Infrastructure teams.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.