MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
Are you a developer with experience in user-facing designs? We are seeking a talented, self-motivated, and creative software engineer to join our team to develop MATLAB's next generation of interactive data tools. You will have the opportunity to own feature work from concept to delivery, while exercising all phases of development. If you thrive working in a collaborative environment, enjoy building partnerships with your cross-functional peers, and value the practice of continuous improvement, we would like to meet you!
The Data Tools team delivers web-based interactive features and UIs for the MATLAB graphics system, enabling millions of scientists and engineers to gain insights into their data and analysis. Our work involves developing high-performance, customizable, mouse and touch-based interactions and supporting UIs to users across multiple contexts – including desktop, mobile, and cloud-hosted environments.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Design, develop and maintain the next generation of MATLAB data tools.
- Lead the development of high-impact features from requirements gathering to architectural design to implementation
- Enhance existing MATLAB interactive data exploration and visualization tools
- Develop requirements for new features through customer interviews and usability tests
- Develop User Interface (UI) designs through prototypes and collaborative design reviews.
- Collaborate on appropriate architecture and implement the designs.
- Participate in all team activities such as agile planning, design discussions and reviews.
- Communicate designs, plans, and ideas throughout the organization.
- Experience with UI Design
- Experience programming with Object Oriented Design
- Experience with analyzing and visualizing engineering or scientific data
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Familiarity with MATLAB and/or C++
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.