Senior Data Scientist
CGI Federal's Emerging Technologies Practice (ETP) seeks a highly motivated Data Scientist to join their Data and AI team. The candidate will join and potentially lead a team of data engineers and data scientists. Your primary focus will be in applying data driven techniques and analyses to build high quality intelligent analytic systems. You'll mentor teammates, develop algorithms and scripts, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into recommendations and actionable insights.
Future duties and responsibilities
• Develop and implement data-driven solutions that drive business value and support the company's strategic goals.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, software development, and infrastructure teams, to ensure that data and AI initiatives are integrated into the overall technology strategy.
• Develop technical standards, best practices, and methodologies for data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence projects.
• Conduct hands-on technical work, including designing and developing data models, algorithms, and machine learning systems, as well as conducting data analysis and visualization.
• Ensure the quality and accuracy of data and AI models, algorithms, and systems, including conducting testing and validation to ensure that models are accurate, reliable, and scalable.
• Mentor and coach team members, including providing technical guidance, feedback, and support to help team members develop their technical skills and achieve their professional goals.
• Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Proven record of high value analytic work or solution building
• Master's degree or above preferred in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Operations Research, or other physical science/engineering fields
• 8+ years preferred of overall experience in machine learning, AI, data science, or technical leadership
OPTIONAL: Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
• High comfort level with cloud services – AWS, Azure
• High comfort level with proposals and technical thought leadership
• Experience with emerging ai tools, e.g. openai, etc
• Knowledge of data exploration and visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, D3, rstudio etc)
• Ability to lead, coordinate, and direct a team of data scientists effectively
Due to the nature of the government contracts this position requires US Citizenship.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive insurance options
• Matching contributions through the 401(k) plan and the share purchase plan
• Paid time off for vacation, holidays, and sick time
• Paid parental leave
• Learning opportunities and tuition assistance
• Member assistance and wellness programs
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to skill set, level, experience, relevant training, and licensure and certifications. To support the ability to reward for merit-based performance, CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range for this role in the U.S. is $95,600 – $186,00.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.