Senior Data Scientist
Kelley Blue Book (KBB)
– The Senior Data Scientist anticipates future business needs and identifies opportunities for complex analysis.
– The Senior Data Scientist, will gather and analyze data to solve and address highly complex business problems and evaluate scenarios to make predictions on future outcomes and provide prescriptive solutions that support decision making.
– The Senior Data Scientist will be involved in all phases of (Big Data) analytics projects including question formulation, research, development, implementation and testing. The Senior Data Scientist will be able to explore and understand data and build advanced analytical models, then present and discuss the resulting models to any level of audience.
– The Senior Data Scientist will design and drive the creation of new standards and best practices in the use of statistical data modeling, big data and optimization tools for Cox Automotive. Identify and direct special studies and analyses for unique business problems and scenarios. Proactively identify algorithms or products with high intellectual property content, assist in the evaluation of their potential for patents, where appropriate assist in the patent applications, and contribute to the intellectual property protection for Cox Automotive.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBLITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
– Development, research, and exploration in the areas of statistics, machine learning, experimental design, optimization, simulation, and operational research
– Interprets problems and develops solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
– Leverage big data to solve strategic, tactical, structure and unstructured business problems
– Collaborate with client and Enterprise Data Products team to set analytic objectives, approaches and work schedule
– Research and evaluate new analytical methodologies, approaches and solutions
– Analyze customer and economic trends that impact business performance and recommend ways to improve outcomes
– Developing advanced statistical models utilizing typical and atypical methodologies.
– Developing and updating data models for statistical modeling purposes, tracking results against forecasts, and re-specifying when required.
– Design and deploy data-science and technology based algorithmic solutions to address business needs for Cox Automotive. Identify, understand and evaluate new commerce analytic and data technologies to determine the effectiveness of the solution and its feasibility of integration with Cox Automotive’ s current platforms
– Design large scale models using Logistic Regression, Linear Models Family (Poisson models, Survival models, Hierarchical Models, Nave-Bayesian estimators), Conjoint Analysis, Spatial Models, Time-Series Models
– Design large scale models using linear and mixed integer optimization; non-linear methods; and, heuristics
– Design large scale discrete-event and Monte Carlo simulation models
– Interpret and communicate analytic results to analytical and non-analytical business partners and executive decision makers.
– Develop, coach and mentor team members within the department.
– Displays strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of management.
– M.S, or Ph.D. in math, statistics, operations research, computer science , engineering, econometrics, or other quantitative field.
Required Experience and Qualifications
– Must have at least 3+ years of actual working experience performing advanced quantitative analyses.
– Must have the actual working knowledge of Python/SQL.
– Working knowledge of SAS/R is plus.
– Working knowledge of big data manipulation tool is plus.
– Ability to apply advanced statistical methodologies such as mixed model (random and fixed effects), simultaneous equations, ARIMA, neural networks, and multinomial discrete choice. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as cluster analytics, sampling theory and design of experiments, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, and factor analysis.
– Ability to apply advanced optimization methodologies such as linear and mixed integer optimization.
– Ability to apply advanced simulation modeling methodologies and techniques.
– Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate programming in 3rd and 4th generation languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages (word-processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.).
– Must have relational database experience.
– A strong passion for empirical research and for answering tough questions with data
– Demonstrated experience in organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex team efforts
– Experience in working with executives or strategic planning departments to set and/or manage to corporate level strategies a plus
– Experience with business support software applications such as MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project) required
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader, **********, Dealertrack, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim, NextGear Capital, vAuto, VinSolutions, Xtime, incadea and a host of other brands. With a complete and connected view of the automotive ecosystem, Cox Automotive is a global company connecting people, cars and capabilities with services that link the automotive value chain. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises. For more information about Cox Automotive, visit ******************.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
US-CA-Irvine-195 Technology Dr
Yes, 5 % of the Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.