The Database Administrator will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems as well as some MySQL Server systems, to ensure the high availability and consistent performance of our corporate applications. This is a hands-on position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and sustainment of the SQL Server environment, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing deployments, and performing all maintenance in support of multiple development teams. Must be capable of working independently and collaboratively.
– Administers SQL Server and MySQL Server production databases.
– Coordinates backups and restore functions.
– Monitors SQL Server jobs and Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
– Programming in T-SQL.
– Installs and configures SQL database setups.
– Troubleshoot SQL Server production issues or service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
– Handles capacity planning and monitors database growth.
– Manages SQL database Cluster, replication & Mirroring.
– Manages SQL Server security and logins.
– Upgrade of older versions of SQL Server
– Designs disaster recovery strategies.
– Oversees index management.
– Deals with performance issues on production SQL Servers and Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
– Moves objects from staging to production databases and deploy database change scripts provided by application teams
– Tests all patches before deploying to production.
– Document the companys database environment
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– Works to Optimize Query Performance alongside Data Engineers and Data Analysts as Needed
Required Skills and Qualifications:
– BS in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent required.
– Minimum of five years of DBA work experience with SQL 2008R2 and later.
– Strong working knowledge on SQL Server 2008 and later – AlwaysOn, replication, failover clustering, log shipping, mirroring, SSRS, SSIS and any other SQL technologies
– Understanding of complex and advanced database concepts like database partitioning, compression, transparent data encryption, and sql performance tuning.
– Experience with upgrading SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 from earlier versions
– Exposure to SQL Server 2016 and MySQL
– Microsoft certification in SQL Server technologies.
– Working knowledge of other database platforms would be huge plus
– MDM Design Experience (using MDS or other platforms)
– Experience with IT development or software engineering practices or techniques required
– Working knowledge of PII, PCI-DSS, and industry best practices relevant to the payment card industry.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.