What you’ll be doing.
As our Oracle and PostgreSQL Database Administrator (DBA), you’ll support databases for over 100 applications, many of them considered critical in maintaining, provisioning, and monitoring Verizon’s global network. This position is in a centralized database administration team, which provides 724 support in test/prod environments. You’ll be mainly responsible for maintaining highly visible production databases
You will play a key role in all new departmental initiatives while continuing to ensure the availability/stability of existing functionality. You’ll work on migrations to cloud platforms will require the team to become well-versed in public cloud offerings (specifically AWS) and processes so any experience in this area is a plus.
– Designing, installing, upgrading, patching, tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting databases with large amounts of data (Terabytes) and high transaction rates (4000 tps).
– Capacity planning, SQL analysis, schema revisions, security administration and user account maintenance.
– Participating in an active on call rotation.
– Providing off hours support to avoid impacting database availability during normal business hours.
– Keeping up-to-date of new features and technical trends within the industry and be able to successfully communicate and apply those with application counterparts.
What we’re looking for.
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
– Three or more years of relevant work experience.
– Experience administering Oracle or PostgreSQL databases.
Even better if you have:
– A degree.
– Experience with Software Products: Oracle 11g/12c RDBMS, Oracle 11g/12c RAC, PostgreSQL, OEM 12c, RMAN, Oracle Dataguard (Physical and Active), Advanced Replication, Streams, Golden Gate, Partitioning, Advanced Security.
– Experience with Operating Systems: Linux (Redhat, CentOS, OEL), Solaris, HPUX, AIX.
– Experience with Hardware environments: AWS, HP, SUN, DELL.
– Experience with programming Language(s): SQL, UNIX and Shell Scripting.
– Demonstrated strong UNIX and Shell scripting.
– Proven teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
– Demonstrated communication & stakeholder management skills.
– Proven problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
When you join Verizon.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.