ECS is seeking a Senior Database Developer to work in our Dahlgren, VA office.
ECS is Hiring!
Senior Database Developer
REQUIREMENTS: Minimum Active Interim TS + US Citizenship
UP TO $10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
ECS has an opportunity for a Senior Database Developer to support a new cybersecurity program for a DoD client based in Dahlgren, VA. This position requires a minimum Interim Top Secret clearance.
The Senior Database Developer will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy’s and DoD’s needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. The team will conduct cyber analyses and assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks, determine mission and operational impacts, and make appropriate mitigation recommendations. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs.
As a Senior Database Developer on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
DB Developer will focus on SQL Server Database performance optimization, tuning, and T-SQL development to ensure optimal MS SQL Server performance.
Review and assess existing enterprise data-driven applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment
Analyze a large, complex system to determine performance bottlenecks, application bugs, and opportunities to improve efficiency
Capture and analyze database activity to identify improvements in indexing and query execution performance
Participate in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
Lead efforts to design and implement changes to data models for new and existing applications
Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
You will have the opportunity to work and grow your expertise with a team of software engineering and cyber security experts working to tackle the cyber defense issues of the modern military with creative and innovative solutions.
Thank you for taking the time to read about our opportunity and to consider ECS for your career. We look forward to talking with you about this position.
– Active Top Secret Clearance (Min Interim Top Secret)
– DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems to include one of the following (or acquire within 60 days): CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP or higher level certification
– Must hold current (or acquire within 6 months) the appropriate operating system certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M to include any of the following:
– MCSA: SQL 2016 Business Intelligence Development
– MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Administration
– MCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development
– MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
– MCSA: Machine Learning
– Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Data Platform (retired)
– Proficiency creating and maintaining SQL Server Integration Services packages
– Proficiency creating and maintaining SQL Server Reporting Services reports
– Proficiency utilizing development tools such as the RedGate tool belt (schema compare, source control, etc)
– Experience engineering enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
– Experience creating stored procedures, T-SQL scripts for applications or data manipulation
– Experience with data modeling and design in SQL Server 2017
– Seven (7) years of experience in the above listed areas
– Experience with SQL Server 2017 Graph
– Bachelor’s Degree
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Job ID: 4288
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
ECS Federal, LLC
ECS delivers engineering, scientific, and technical expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. As an externally assessed CMMI Level 3 company, as well as an ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27000:2013 certified company, ECS’ award-winning expertise and commitment to quality services are critical in meeting the missions of our customers. Headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, ECS has nearly 2,000 employees throughout the United States and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by the Washington Post. For more information, visit our web site at *******************. Contact Info
– Dahlgren, VA 22485
– Josh Biacan
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.