We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Senior Developer to join our team in Reston, VA, to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
– Design and implement mobile applications on Android and Windows platforms
– Use modern software engineering IDEs such as Eclipse or XCode, for design, development, and testing the software
– Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
– Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
Required Skills /Experience:
– Web services
– XML or JSON
– Android, iOS and Windows development platforms
– JEE Server experience (WeblogicWebsphereJBOSSetc.)
– 15 years’ experience in software development or related field
– Strong knowledge of Android SDK, Eclipse and Android Studio.
– Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
– Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
– Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as ‘touch’
– Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
– Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
– Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
– Experience working with users to define requirements and demonstrate solutions
– Experience designing and delivering complex, highly-scalable software components
– Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
– Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
– Working experience in iOS development
– Working experience with Mobile Device Management
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
– Minimum15 years’ experience in software development or related field or equivalent blend of education and experience.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4309
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 11720 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.