Posted Date 1 week ago(5/2/2018 3:15 PM)
Job ID 23237
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a ‘small company’ culture where your ideas will be heard with ‘big company’ expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
This position consists of developing, supporting, and maintaining the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Team’s suite of applications and services. Duties include:
* Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems:
* Prepares detailed design specifications from which programs will be written.
* Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains application programs.
* Consults with users or other IT Professionals to resolve issues with programs. Contributes to the development of project plans and timelines. Provides estimates for planned work.
* Exhibits strong business knowledge and builds strong customer relationships.
* Occasionally leads small to moderately complex projects.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Complete assigned tasks as directed in a timely manner using good object oriented coding practices and standards
* Unit test code for proper functionality
* Code will be thoroughly commented and documented
* Follow the established standards, patterns, and processes
* Participate in team planning activities using either Agile or Waterfall project management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Experience: 5 or more years of related experience.
* Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (Stored Procedures, SSIS)
* IDE: Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse
* Source Control: Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Serena Dimensions
* Experience with object-oriented design and development
* Experience with Web Services and integration
* Excellent organization and time management skills.
* Effective written and spoken communication skills.
* Very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience with FileNet/P8 or other ECM system is a plus
* Experience in the insurance industry is a plus
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.