Requisition Number: SS-13883
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About Outward, Inc.
Outward, Inc. is based in San Jose, CA and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Williams Sonoma, Inc.
Outward, Inc. is a California based enterprise software company targeting retail industries.
Founded in 2012, Outward provides end-to-end creative solutions spanning from image capture
to retail analytics through its first to market imaging platform. Outward’s platform, with patented
measurement and rendering technology enables the inexpensive production of large volume,
high-quality creative content for visual merchandising, including digital and print applications for
online, in-store, and at home channels.
We are looking for someone to join our DevOps team, onsite, with a focus on Linux system
administration, provisioning, configuration, CI/CD, and monitoring. The primary duties will be to
help us maintain and improve our internal infrastructure, including automation of repetitive tasks
and proactive maintenance of Linux server environments.
* General Linux system administration tasks
* Help refactor existing architecture for greater automation
* Experience administering a large number of machines (200+)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BS degree in STEM study or similar (required)
* 8 – 10 years of experience with Unix/Linux administration
* Professional experience with an automation framework (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet etc.)
* Professional experience with virtualization/container technologies (Docker, Vagrant, VMware)
* Experience administering various webservers (Apache, Nginx)
* Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, Python
* Scripting experience in either Python, Bash, or PERL
* Understanding of core internet protocols, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, SMTP etc.
* Strong understanding of git
* Strong documentation skills
* 3 years’ experience with AWS
* Professional experience with Jenkins (required)
* Experience with internal monitoring systems (Nagios, Grafana, SNMP, etc.)
* In-depth experience with administering relational/NoSQL databases (MySQL, Postgres,
* MongoDB, DynamoDB)
* Python scripting experience
* Experience with Windows 10 / Windows 2016 Server administration
Outward’s Benefits & Perks:
* Competitive Salary, Paid Time Off, Sick Days
* Health, Vision, Dental Insurance and 401(k)
* Catered Lunches 2 times a week and a kitchen with snacks and drinks
* Flexible Hours
* Extremely friendly and fun staff and management
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: Merchandising, Engineer, Linux, Virtualization, Unix, Retail, Engineering, Technology
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.