What you’ll be doing…
Skyward provides the best operations management platform for commercial drone operators all over the world. Our mission is to help UAV pioneers build successful, safe, efficient ops, whether they’re a small business or working within a major enterprise.
You have a passion for technology, start-ups, drones, aviation, or all of the above. You re a driven self-starter with a high level of personal integrity. You’re also a nice person who can collaborate across teams. Show us your best work via resume, cover letter, coding sample, portfolio, and audition reel whatever it takes.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer you will use a variety of automation and monitoring technologies and tools to architect, build, maintain, and monitor the infrastructure for the Skyward Software Platform. You will provide production support as required including debugging and responding to production issues. You will ensure the infrastructure security meets Skyward policies. You will take active role in leading the design and architecture of the Skyward Software Platform to ensure Engineering efficiency and that Skyward’s customers have a great experience using the Platform as they run their drone businesses around the world.
Responsibilities and Duties
Collaborate with other team members to design and implement application builds, application releases, deployment and configuration tasks
Application deployment and continuous integration with tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Bitbucket Pipelines, AWS CodeBuild and CodeDeploy
Manage and operate Kubernetes
Linux server management from the command line and using web-based console tools such as Amazon’s AWS console
Develop automation scripts to automate the creation and maintenance of environments
Create and implement monitoring tools and solutions to provide visibility into the infrastructure and application performance
Diagnose complex system problems using dumps, traces, or other diagnostics aids.
Diagnose system performance problems using available standard performance tools and system indicators such as queue lengths, CPU utilization, and Datadog
Automate the installation of applications, programs, and system components to minimize customer downtime
Recommend and change system parameters or configuration variables to improve overall system performance and stability
Participate in sprint planning and code review with Agile teams
Look for opportunities for continual improvements in infrastructure and processes
Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing, and deployment
Ensure a scalable process and infrastructure with a focus on high availability
Ensure that infrastructure, operations, and application security standards are enforced
Adapts to changing and evolving business priorities by offering options and constructive ideas on how to achieve the goals given the realities of time and resources
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Willingness to pitch-in and help others on the team as needed
Provide timely estimates and on-going progress and transparency of work using tools like Jira along with updates in daily stand-ups
Keep abreast of technology trends and best practice with the ability to share those findings with the team
Adhere to the standards of the team while also looking for opportunities to improve on team processes
What we’re looking for…
– Minimum 6 years as a DevOps Engineer
– 6+ year experience with scripting tools and technologies
– 6+ year experience with Database technologies (Postgres, MySql, Aurora) including SQL
– 4+ year experience managing AWS environments
– Experience with continuous integration application delivery, including provisioning, deployment, testing and version control
– Experience developing and implementing automated processes and systems
– Experience with Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) a plus
– Experience with Infrastructure automation tooling (Terraform, Packer, Salt/Chef/Puppet, etc.)
– Experience with Automated Infrastructure Testing (Test Kitchen, InSpec, ServerSpec, etc.)
– Ability to work in a highly collaborative team
– Demonstrated aptitude and desire to learn new skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
– Ability to embrace change and work in an iterative development environment
– Ability to develop a deep understanding of the commercial UAS marketplace and customer needs.
– Bachelor’s degree
– Experience working in a startup environment
– Experience flying drones for business or pleasure
– AWS Certification
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.