ARM – Senior DevOps Engineer – Austin TX 78735
Search for careers Arm Careers
– Search for careers
– Reward and Benefits
– Graduates and Students
– experienced professionals
– Category 1
– Category 2
– Category 3
– Category 4
– Category 5
– Category 6
– Country 1
– Country 2
– Country 3
– Country 4
– Country 5
Careers at Arm
– Send This Job to a Friend
– View My Account
– Recruitment Enquiries & Support
Recently Viewed Jobs
STRING RESOURCE NOT FOUND: cp.rd.widget.alwayslooking.header
Senior DevOps Engineer
– Job ID #: 14912
– Job Category: Software Engineering
– Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
– Division: IoT Device IP
– Department: IoTD Incubation
– Primary Country: USA
– Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Secure Identity Business Unit build solutions based on the latest standards and technologies and aiming at securing cellular IoT devices bound to be deployed by trillions in the coming years.
You will be building the capability to run a high availability SaaS solution. While we’ve already matured a solid foundation of carrier-grade services, this is a greenfield chance to create an elegant and responsive overall product. Retaining enterprise grade elastic and high scalability/availability, with no compromise on security, our solutions underpin Arm’s position as a market leading provider in this space.
The location for this role is our Austin site in the United States.
About the Role
– You will craft a highly available platform, to ensure that our services are always operational
– You will collaborate with development teams to promote better quality software
– You will automate all aspects of integration, deployment, delivery and configuration
– You will ensure that services remain stable with high quality orchestration and monitoring
– You will anticipate and protect against various possible security threats (deliberate and/or accidental) on all elements of the solution.
– You will build auditing solutions to help improve the reliability and scalability of the platform.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
– Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline, Master’s degree preferred
– Minimum 3 years of experience with Linux Operating systems
– Strong experience working with Docker and Kubernetes
– Deep understanding of project source code and delivery management, including git, nexus (or similar) and gradle
– Deep understanding of build tool environments (for example, Jenkins and Bamboo)
– Have an understanding of provisioning both on-prem and cloud software deployments (e.g. Amazon Web Services and Azure)
– Working knowledge of Linux Operating systems such as ubuntu and experience with hypervisor technology.
– experience with cloud provisioning tools e.g. Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Helm/terraform
– A background in IT infrastructure and systems administration
– A deep understanding of software development skills such as weekly agile iterations, stand-ups, strong communications, and the ability to thrive in autonomy
– experience with GoCD (or similar)
– Networking, VPN configuration and OSI layer debugging
– Experience with ELK, Prometheus and Grafana.
Desired behaviors for this role:
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
– Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
– No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
– Information is crucial, share it
– Realise that we win when we collaborate and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
– Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
– Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
– Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
– The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
– Be quirky not egocentric
– Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
– Make trust our default position
– Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
– Annual Bonus Plan
– Discretionary Cash Awards
– 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
– Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
– Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD & D)
– Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
– Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
– Holidays, 13 days per year
– Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
– Sick Leave, 7 days per year
– Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
– Office location dependent: caf on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
– Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to ********************
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of Silicon Hills thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the Live Music Capital of the World’. Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps
Related Jobs Austin (TX)
Related Jobs IoTD Incubation
– Company Profile
– Our Offices
– Find us on LinkedIn
– Find us on Glassdoor
– Follow us on Twitter
– Find us on Google plus
– Find us on Youtube
– Find us on Instagram
– Find us on Pinterest
All Rights Reserved. ARM Ltd. 1995 – 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.