At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways — engineering, planning, designing, and consulting on many of the most renowned projects in the built environment. We aim to deliver technical excellence, innovation, and value to clients, while maintaining our core mission of shaping a better world. The firm opened its first office over 70 years ago and now employs 14,000 people globally. Since its founding in 1946, members of Arup have developed transformative ways of working. Adapting to the ever changing environment, our work is focused on ambitiously reimagining a sustainable and resilient future for cities. Arup is rising to these new challenges: by bringing together broad-minded individuals from a wide range of disciplines, investing in research, innovating and creating better solutions for clients and the wider world.
Our Seattle office is currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer with superior design and analysis skills to join a multidisciplinary team of engineers planning and designing buildings and facilities. Our exciting mix of projects includes airports, hospitals, laboratories, high rise offices, museums, educational facilities and other commercial and institutional projects.
• Lead face to face and other technical communication with clients on electrical topics
• Design all electrical systems, including power, lighting, fire alarm and signaling systems for assigned projects
• Design and perform calculations for lighting systems and associated controls
• Prepare single line diagrams for power distribution
• Perform load analysis for different stages of design
• Prepare drawings detailing the entire electrical design
• Compose, edit, and integrate electrical elements into multidisciplinary basis of design reports for projects
• Lead day to day financial management of projects
• Select and specify appropriate equipment and luminaires for projects
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines and architects
• Participate in meetings with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues
• Review and monitor the quality of design and documentation tasks performed by others for successful delivery of project designs
• Lead the successful technical and financial delivery of projects
• Significantly contribute to RFP responses. Work with others in preparing proposals.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Architectural Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a sound knowledge of electrical fundamentals as they relate to building systems.
• 10-15 years of related experience
• PE license strongly preferred
• Experience in commercial and mission critical (data center and healthcare) projects highly desired
• Experience in Revit MEP desired
• LEED AP BD+C preferred
• Excellent writing skills to convey complex topics to layperson audience
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Good communication skills essential for team-based working
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, 401k match, time off and profit share. Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.