Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely.
At our core, we're passionate, committed people who believe together we can achieve extraordinary things. We work collaboratively with each other, our customers and partners to solve the world's greatest challenges. That means listening to one another, providing feedback and partnering across all levels. We value our inclusive culture where everyone is heard equally and creativity thrives. Each team member is fully invested in our mission and we bring an energy to work every day that propels our business and motivates us all to Go Beyond.®
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Engineer – Data Analyst
Join Ball Aerospace’s Payload Systems Engineering team as a Senior Data Analyst Engineer! In this role, you will conduct performance modelling and simulation with a focus on developing, implementing, and applying mission algorithms.
NOTE: This position is located in Springfield, Virginia.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform data analysis to characterize sensor functionality and performance.
- Conduct data exploitation of geospatial data to solve characterization problems; including but not limited to data processing, data analysis, tool development, analytic support, report writing, and presentations.
- Characterize the performance of remote sensing systems and relate sensor characteristics to the performance of automated and manual detection, classification, and characterization of targets.
- Perform data analysis using temporal, spatial, and/or spectral processing of EO/IR data.
- Perform analysis and interpretation of multi and hyperspectral mission data.
- Design, build, and implement complex algorithms to support missions, payloads, and instruments.
- Communicate mission level analysis results to internal and external customers.
- Work closely with program team and stakeholders to develop and demonstrate new capabilities to decision makers.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management, and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences preferred.
- Experience in mission system, spacecraft systems, ground systems or payloads preferred.
- EO/IR/Radar analysis, GIS, data analysis, signal processing, and algorithm development preferred.
- Experience in spectral analysis and image processing preferred.
- Ability to rapidly prototype new algorithm results and visualization preferred.
- Expertise writing code for data analysis with either MATLAB, ENVI/IDL, R, Python, or other similar software applications.
- Effective presentation skills with experience presenting technical results to senior customers and technical reviewers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a geographically diverse team.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Full-Time On-Site Work Environment: This position requires regular in-person engagement by working on-site full-time. Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $153,000 – $193,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.