This role is on the Enterprise Information Management (EIM) team, which is responsible for supporting Huntington’s (HNB) Enterprise Data Warehouse, ETL and Business Intelligence tools. The role will ensure that the data assets of HNB are designed in accordance to HNB data architecture that comply with data management strategies, policies, and standards. The candidate will apply knowledge of data architecture and ETL practices to Business and Information Management solutions in the areas of data quality, data integration, data modeling, data governance and data integration. The role will promote and educate data management best practices throughout the Technology & Conversions community
This position will model databases and create automated processes of extracting data from source systems and apply business rule transformation and load the data into the target environments. This is a key/core skill for Enterprise Information Management (EIM) as team’s primary objects is to build/support the Enterprise Data Warehouse which is used for Regulatory Reporting, Analytical Reporting, and Advanced Analytics.
– Architect, design and implement enterprise solutions and analytical business solutions.
– Integrate multiple data sources, via custom developed utilities and standard ETL tools.
– Design and deploy complex data integration solutions. Provide leadership to offshore development resources to ensure ETL development meets specifications.
– Experience with Data Modeling – Dimensional and Normalized Relational.
– Partner with technology teams that support business specific operational systems.
– Partner with Capital Plan Reporting team to deliver required regulatory reporting.
– Implement Data
processes and drive remediation with Data Stewards.
– Follow standard project development processes as defined by HNB.
– Educate business analysts and Data Warehouse developers on the use and benefit of data management best practices including the use of logical and physical data models. Help ensure consistent data modeling practices.
– Keep up to date with Industry trends, best practices, and industry tools.
– Follow best practice regarding risk and audit policies.
– Bachelor’s degree or an additional 4 years of experience in IT in lieu of the Bachelor’s degree
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT
– Minimum of 3 years of experience with SQL, ETL development and performance tuning
– Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and working with star schemas
– Minimum of 2 years of experience in SQL/Stored Procedure development
– Strong understanding of relevant data architecture methodologies and practices, data model methodologies, master data management, data quality, and data integration
– Experience with ETL tools such as Data Stage, SSIS
– Experience with standard databases such as DB2, SQL server, and Oracle
– Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects, and Cognos
– Proficiency in data modeling, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation
– Strong understanding of Data Quality, remediation of errors and exception handling
– Experience creating test plans and leading testers in the execution of test plans. Able to develop mitigation strategies for managing data integrity issues.
– Strong ability to partner with other technical professionals and in working collaboratively with Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Architects and Business Intelligence developers
– Excellent oral and written communication, planning and decision-making skills
– Possess analytical and problem-solving skills
– Able to work with people at all levels, including outside consultants and vendors. Able to build and maintain relationships and facilitate collaboration and communication
– Banking / Financial Services experience
– Ability to work/manage a multi-vendor environment
– Ability to work/manage off shore development organizations
– Experience in data governance is a plus
– IBM InfoSphere
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington’s Career Web Site for more details. Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position.
on Company Website
Job ID: *************
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Huntington National Bank
You’re going places, eager to learn, filled to the brim with ideas and ready to make an impact. We welcome and thrive on this type of energy. We are changing the industry by creating a new standard for banking. While our perspective on the industry may be fresh, our roots run deep, and our commitment to doing what’s right has never waivered. Our competitors know us by our steadfastness, our customers know us by our loyalty and once you join our team, you’ll know how much we value our people. Contact Info
– 7 Easton Oval
Columbus, OH 43219
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.