Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment. Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
You will be supporting and enhance a full stack application that leverages Java Map/Reduce analytics and QTA analytics. The work is looking into and researching apps. The team is looking into moving the application to a new leading-edge platform. There are also opportunities to evaluate and work with new leading-edge platforms, frameworks and technologies, all while working directly with the customer in a highly collaborative, integrated environment. This position is perfect for someone who likes to work in an environment that uses leading technologies in a fast-paced environment.
What you will like about this position…
•Developing answers to questions via Java Map/Reduce and QTA, making them available via an internal application as well as the corporate tool suites.
•Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
•Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- At least 16 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline.
- At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
- At least 5 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or a related discipline may be substituted for 4 years of general experience. A master's degree is a plus may substitute for an additional 2 years’ experience.
- Strong Java development skills using Spring Boot/Cloud Gateway
- Experience with customer GHOSTMACHINE Linux analytic development (Map/Reduce, QTA)
- Container development experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Rancher
- Experience with Jira, Maven, YAML, and Git
- Work in a team environment
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.