Senior Full Stack Java Developer
CGI is seeking to hire an experienced Java Full Stack Developer in Cincinnati, Ohio. You will be part of a skilled agile team to develop and deliver dynamic applications at a large U.S. Financial institution. This is an exciting opportunity to work with CGI's Global Banking and Financial Services practice to help innovate and deliver market leading solutions! You will collaborate with premier client personnel in helping them satisfy critical business objectives.
CGI provides a challenging and rewarding work environment with opportunity for growth! Here at CGI, we encourage and empower our team members. Joining the team at CGI lends career and professional development along with continuous growth and learning opportunities. This position offers a total compensation package and competitive base salary.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Full stack development experience in Java with primary focus on front-end knowledge and experience.
• Collaborating with internal partners to establish the scope of software development
• Engagement with product analyst and solution architects to interpret functional
specifications to develop innovative business
• Working in an Agile environment and actively participate in sprint/project/release
planning to provide development estimates for
• Participating in requirements collecting and design reviews, sprint readiness and
retrospective reviews and other inspections.
• Developing software and overseeing the deployment of applications across platforms.
• Design, implement and maintain Java-based applications that can be high-volume and
• Develop and complete unit test cases, support user documentation.
• Crafting end-user application feedback channels.
• Detailing processes and maintaining software development records.
• Analyze user requirements to define business objectives.
• Define application objectives and functionality.
• Manage Java and Java EE application development.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 5+ years Java backend experience with Web services and Rest based API development
• 5+ years Web development experience with focus on Angular or ReactJS (preferred).
• 3+ years Spring frameworks experience and Spring Boot required; Spring MVC, Spring
Data, Spring Security, Spring Batch experience is a plus.
• Proficient in Oracle, PLSQL and RDBMS concepts as well as NoSQL databases.
• Experience in building secure, scalable and high-performance applications using
• Well versed with Backend for Frontend (BFF) design pattern.
• Must have proficiency in application frameworks and containerization
• Strong knowledge of agile models of development and DevOps tools.
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
• Must have experience implementing Continuous Integration / Continuous Development
(CI/CD) practices. Proficient with build
management toolsets like Jenkins.
• Consulting experience in customer facing engagement, strong communication skills, both
verbal and written.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Web Development
- Spring Boot
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.