Shell Energy is looking for a talented Senior Business Analyst to deliver on programs of work to integrate our Trading andB2B/B2C supply businesses in Shell. The Senior BA will take on the role of the custodian of requirements that trading needs to deliver to support the B2B/B2C business across Europe for Gas & Power.
Where you fit in
Based in London, as the core trading hub for Shells Gas & Power in Europe. The Trading/Supply integration programme is being set up to provide a single point of focus in Shell in order to deliver the integration that will enable us to offer innovative customer solutions as the energy transition progresses.
Our growth ambitions mean that a scaling up of capabilities to allow innovative pricing, sharing of data to allow better insights in customers behaviours that lead to better forecasts, providing exchange access to our customers.
Whats the role?
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be the focal point for requirements that needs trading input in order to provide an end to end IT solution.
The IT solution is defined by the actual capabilities that drive business outcomes to attract customers and sell gas & power. The solutions are mainly in-house, Shell built solutions, that represent competitive advantage in the market.
Your Further Responsibilities Includes:
- Actively curating the backlog with trading stakeholders to ensure a rich and detailed body of work is consistently created.
- Ensuring programme cross dependency requirements are broken down into individual team requirements.
- Ensuring product teams understand the desired business outcome and help them drive to the deliver.
- Support of the full IT Solution lifecycle including discovery, agile delivery and operations.
- Keep up to date with exchange and system operator regulation changes.
What we need from you?
Were keen to hear from individuals who have proven Knowledge in integrating Trading companies with Supply companies. Beyond That, Wed Hope to see as many of the following as possible on your CV:
- Extensive/SME knowledge of B2B/B2C supply processes for both Gas and Power covering the entirety of customerlifecycle.
- Extensive knowledge of European gas & power networks and trading exchanges.
- Experience working with real–time power generation solutions & associated data flows.
- Strong IT management, business partnering, forming relationships, stakeholder management, analysis and problem-solving skills, good communication and leadership skills.
- Proven track record of managing IT Solution development through entire lifecycle, with preference of design thinking, agile delivery and dev ops experiences.
- Working understanding of settlements and accounting associated to renewable generation.
- Working understanding of how Risk and P&L is captured and represented for assets including interfacing with the ETRM.
- Strong focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service.
Shell started operations in the United Kingdom more than 110 years ago. Since then we have grown into a leading innovative oil and gas company that rewards its employees by investing heavily in their careers and learning. Our people are our greatest asset, and our commitment to your career will see you thrive in a work environment that offers an industry-leading developmentprogramme. When your ideas travel, Shell will benefit and innovation will thrive. Shell has a key role to play in helping meet the UKs growing energy demand, whilst using innovative technologies to develop cleaner energy. We are the largest FTSE 100 company in the UK by market capitalisation, and make a significant contribution to the UK economy. As well as processing 35% of the gas coming into the UK, we serve more than four million customers at our filling stations each week. Shell employs some 6,400 skilled staff as well as many contractors.
An innovative place to work
Theres never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and youll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways were nurturing an inclusive environment one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills andreach your potential
- Were creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply andwell take it from there.
- Were closing the gender gap whether thats through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- Were striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
Were huge advocates for career development. Well encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
To apply for this job please visit vonq.io.