Adaugeo is looking for a top tier IT Network Engineer with strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a team player perspective. Must have exceptional problem solving skills, an aptitude for critical thinking and be able to maintain strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations.
**Remote Opportunity for Oregon and Washington Residents
The ideal applicant will meet at least 80% of the criteria listed below;
- Cisco Certification; CCNP strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
- Palo Alto Certification; PCNSA or equivalent experience.
- Ability to implement Network Lifecycle.
- Develops network architecture and network design documentation.
- Plan and implement any improvement, modification, or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Provides advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution of complex network problems
- Background in data center network design strongly preferred.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- In-depth understanding of communication and routing protocols. (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Experience with NX-OS, IOS, FTD, and PAN-OS heavily preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of VPN – able to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Hands on experience with various VPN hardware strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge in managing a Network Monitoring Solutions or Syslog.
- Ability to troubleshoot packet-level issues using network protocol analyzers.
- Strong understanding and experience in wireless networking.
- Experience with VoIP systems – Implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting. (ShoreTel, Mitel, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with NPS, Radius, 802.1x, is preferred.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, AV and IDS/IPS concepts.
- Some ability to troubleshoot and maintain current in-house faxing solutions.
- Experience with SAN network solutions and ability to size necessary hardware.
- Windows server administration experience preferred.
- Some experience working with active directory, virtual hosts, virtual machines, is a plus.
- SAN experience is a plus.
- VMWare administration is a plus.
- May be required to take on Sever Administration roles.
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length.
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently.
- IT hardware or software certifications.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Assist researching security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends in security standards.
Formal Education in computer technology or 2+ years of computer and software support in a business environment.
To provide and assist in all aspects of IT Operations
- Maintaining current VoIP environment and providing guidance on new solutions.
- Maintaining current Faxing solutions.
- Designing, configuring, and deploying all new acquisitions or site startups.
- Project management, collaboration with IT team and executive staff.
- Travel for site-startups and repairs as necessary. (~300 mile radius)
- On-call rotation every few months.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for close to 100 remote sites using various WAN technologies back to HQ.
- Monitoring and responding to incidents at any site.
- Network security throughout the entire environment.
- Working with clients to setup site-to-site VPNs, ability to assist with any make of VPN hardware.
- Creating and maintain disaster recovery plans for entire environment.
- Network infrastructure support – Routing, switching, VPN, Wireless configuration and support.
Support the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting an ongoing commitment to the highest standards in all phases of IT operations. Assume service-oriented attitude to gain a sense of pride and accomplishment. Accepts the team approach with dedication and commitment towards all work performed.
- Aptitude for critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of OSI model.
- Ability to describe technical information in easy to follow and understand terms.
- Good communication skills and telephone etiquette.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Frequent lifting up to 30 lbs. Occasional lifting of 30-60 lbs.
- Occasional-to-regular kneeling, bending, stooping to perform installations.
This position performs tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids and/or tissues. All employees performing these duties are offered the opportunity to receive the Hepatitis-B vaccination series.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.