A mid sized software product company located in Chicago, near the business complex, is hiring a Senior Java Engineer with a focus on back end architecture and design to join the team. This platform is used by media companies for billing and subscription management and they are building out a new CMS functionality as a solution to their clients.
On a day to day you will be architecture and implementing code from requirements passed down from the product team. You will be coding with Java 8, SpringBoot, Tomcat, Angular 8, Microservices (REST Apis), and using AWS heavily.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills and solid design and architecture skills and principles as well. This is a fast paced, senior team who collaborate and work closely together.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years' of experience with full SDLC
- Strong design and core OOP principles
- Experience with Java 8 , SpringBoot, RESTful Apis, MySQL
- Experience with re-designing a monolith into microservice architecture
- Experience with AWS including Lambdas and S3
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Redshift/Snowflake
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with Financial Industry Systems
What You Will Be Doing
- 75% Hands on Development, back end focused
- 20% Architecture
- 5% Team Collaboration
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.