Cognizant is looking for an experienced Senior Java developer to serve our diverse base of global clients. As a member of our team, you will build cutting edge, cloud-based software that powers modern business. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, geographically distributed team. Similarly, the ideal candidate is an expert engineer who values the “team”, drives continuous improvement and is unafraid to challenge the legacy status quo with creative cloud-based solutions.
Cognizant Digital Engineering If you’re like us, you’ve got big ideas. At Cognizant, we’re exploring new ideas every day. We help industry leading companies reinvent their business models and innovate products that create new value—by connecting people with things, insights and experiences. Cognizant digital engineering designs, engineers and delivers digital products and experiences that drive digital-first business models. We offer the most comprehensive digital engineering expertise and client-centric methodology for sustainable innovation.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Location: Oakland – CA USA
- Strong experience in building Java Spring Boot REST Services and JUnit skills for implementing Restful web services
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Apache Camel and Rest web services
- Deep understanding of the Spring Framework especially Spring JBC JSP servlets
- Strong web development skills using J2EE technologies
- Knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous delivery principles
- Strong understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Hands on technical experience in design development unit testing integration and deployment of web applications
- Working experience in Agile and interpret and clarify functional requirements as well as technical requirements and requirement standards for the project
- Provide required support to develop the proof of concept Coding
- Develop coding business layer coding interface development service development creation of stored procedures etc as required in the project
- Highlight any potential risks to the Leads and seek inputs to resolve issues identified support integration of components as required
- Update traceability matrix for the work package developed provide support on process audit activities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related area with 5-9 years developing and/or architecting large complex systems
- Experience with front end and backend frameworks: AngularJS
- Expertise with Public Cloud (Azure/AWS)
- Experience writing scalable and secure APIs.
- Experience with Spring Boot and Rest Framework for developing Microservices.
- Experience with TDD and modern testing frameworks
- Willing to learn new technologies and enjoys working in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Salary and Other Compensation: The annual salary for this position is between $73,060 -$129,920 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law. Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Cognizant is committed to ensuring that all current and prospective associates are afforded equal opportunities and treatment and a work environment free of harassment. Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network Assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Why Choose Cognizant?
It takes a lot to succeed in today’s fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It’s the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we’d love to hear from you!
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 17 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.