Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo? Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
Nasdaq is a unique company, sitting at the intersection of technology and capital markets, with a corporate purpose to champion inclusive growth and prosperity for all. Here, we work very hard and take our responsibilitiesto customers, to the global community and to each otherseriously. We have to. We have big ambitions. And, the work we do is mission-critical to running financial infrastructure around the world and creating more equitable economies.
Located in modern offices overlooking the Sydney Harbour Bridge, we look to recruit individuals with the passion to thrive in a highly dynamic and global environment. We offer a competitive salary, bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a top of the range health plan.
With this position we offer
Our Global Technology Nasdaq Market Surveillance technology powers surveillance and compliance for over 50 marketplaces, 11 regulators and 100 market participants across 65 markets globally. Scalable to billions of transactions and flexible to manage a number of unique data sources, Nasdaq Market Surveillance holistically examines scenarios across multiple venues and asset classes.
Currently we are looking to grow our team and are seeking a Senior Java Developer with strong solution and core Java design skills to join us and be involved in the design and build of Nasdaq Market Surveillance customer solutions. In this role, you will love working in a highly dynamic environment, thrive in an environment where you are charting your own course and working on problems for which there is no clear solution; where creativity is as crucial as your ability to write code.
As we seek to return to the office in September, you may be expected to come in about 2 times a week and work from home for the other days. Your in-office days could also still increase or decrease based on business need.
Your roles and responsibilities
- Reviewing system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs; implements and/or maintains software solutions for more complex assignments
- Determining systems software design requirements
- Designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and applications infrastructure
- Providing application software development services or technical support typically for more challenging assignments
- Developing program logic for new applications or analysing and modifying logic in existing applications
- Modifying existing internal software products to add to new functions, adapting to new hardware, improving performance or enhancing product usability
- Mentoring others in the team on implementing system improvements, challenging the team to increase efficiency wherever possible and utilizing current industry trends
- Participating in all aspects from detailed programming to high level system design
- Participating in IT systems strategy, development and /or integration services to clients
- Providing technology trends and competitive landscape expertise and making technology decisions to drive opportunities and competitive advantage for our clients
- Providing a deep domain and industry experience and expertise to design and develop creative solutions
- Providing deep awareness of technology and market trends to anticipate industry changes and conceptualize solutions
- Becoming involved in all aspects of a project including, hardware, architecture, database warehouse and mining, database design and analysis, software development and testing
We expect you to have
- A degree in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience at least 5 years of experience in commercial software including Java, Python, C++, Swing, JDBC, RMI, J2EE, Linux, XML, front and back end data analytics, big data and high performance systems, real time data processing, algorithms, high level mathematics
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced and reactive environment
- Experience designing/building front-to-back capital markets trading systems will be especially valuable combined withdeveloping and deploying applications on multiple platforms i.e. Linux and Windows
- Experience working with exchange and trading markets, financial and regulatory compliance, and energy markets would be preferable
- Experience working with real-time big data and high volume transactional data systems
- An analytical mindset with focus on quality software development principles and experience writing and analysing complex technical documentation for operational procedures
- Strong business skills ability to comfortably interact with end users on business operations will be highly valued
It would be great if you also have
- Experience designing/building front-to-back capital markets trading systems combined withdeveloping and deploying applications on multiple platforms i.e. Linux and Windows
- Experience working with exchange and trading markets, financial and regulatory compliance, and energy markets
Does it sound like you?
Please follow through by clicking the Apply link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon. In the meantime, please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.