What does it take to protect and maintain the most sensitive data for over 220 million people and 25 million businesses? What does it take to meet daunting challenges and shape solutions that pioneer industries and improve lives? At Experian, we are the trusted power behind data and the leading global information services company, providing everything from fraud and identity protection, to data analytics and credit scores. Our products help decision-making for consumers and businesses alike.
With operations stretching globally, Experian is 17,000 people strong, supporting clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
Experian’s Consumer Services (ECS) group is defining the next Big Data thing for consumers.
What could be more exciting – personally and professionally – than being part of a disruptive business? Consider starting your career with the industry’s best by joining the Leader that continues to disrupt the competition. As the market leader, we pride ourselves on building new markets and leading the pack through continuous evolution and innovation. It’s a position ECS has enjoyed for more than a decade and we aren’t looking to stop now.
Experian’s Technology team is seeking a talented Senior Java Engineer to join our dynamic and Agile development organization, supporting the United Kingdom and Ireland (UK & I) division. ECS is focus on empowering consumers to take charge of their credit and protect their identity. If you are passionate about empowering people, interested in cutting-edge technology and hungry to learn about and build the next generation technology platform, the ECS UK & I team wants to talk to you!
– Analyze, design and implement programs.
– Assesses the health and performance of applications.
– Provides appropriate research support to business groups within the organization.
– Effectively document technical designs and concepts.
– Define specifications.
– Provides guidance to non-technical staff in using software and hardware systems most effectively and efficiently.
– Reviews project proposals, evaluates alternatives, provides estimates and makes recommendations.
– Ensures software solution integrity, monitors system performance, and performs metrics measuring and reporting.
– Produces high quality code that adheres to team/department standards and helps with improvements of standards.
– Recognizes opportunities for code reuse and help the team reduce the maintenance efforts and technical debt.
– Designs minor complexity components and implements them.
– Assists in analysis and design of large or highly complex systems working with solutions architects.
– Leading process improvement initiatives across department.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field from an accredited four-year university required.
– 5-10 years of professional experience including application development in a multi-platform environment, quality control and testing.
– Extensive experience with Java and Spring framework.
– Experience developing micro-services/APIs using Java, Spring framework, NoSQL and SQL databases.
– Experience writing reusable Java libraries.
– Extensive experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins, deployments using Docker, Bash script.
– Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) from design and implementation point of view.
– Preferred experience with AWS technologies such as EC2 instances, DynamoDB, S3, and Lambda
– Have performed software and systems design and architecture.
– Ability to work in a flexible, fast moving, e-commerce environment.
– Collaboration, drive open communication and across functional borders.
– Strong skill in documenting technical concepts.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.