Java Full Stack Engineer
Location: Charlotte, NC
Cognizant is looking for an experienced and innovative Java Full Stack Engineer to serve our diverse base of global clients. As a member of our team, you will build cutting edge, cloud-based software that powers modern business. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a diverse, collaborative, geographically distributed team. Similarly, the ideal candidate is an expert engineer who values the “team”, drives continuous improvement and is unafraid to challenge the legacy status quo with creative cloud-based solutions.
- Responsible for delivering software using Agile development practices with a skill combination of Java, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs, Cloud Platforms.
- Leverage deep knowledge of SQL programming and Relational/JSON database architecture to build high-availability applications
- Provide expertise in the full SDLC delivering high-volume, low-latency, scalable and reliable applications.
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code.
- Ensure design follows specifications and deliver superior engineering outcomes.
- Work in a team environments and mentor the junior team members.
- Strong contributor with a collaborative work style in building,?crafting,?and reviewing code.
- 10+ years of experience as a Full stack Developer.
- 8 to 10 years of coding experience in Java, Microservices, Spring Boot, API development.
- Experienced with framework using Angular JS.
- Experienced in application development using AWS step function, AWS Lambda (Certification desired).
- Enterprise experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experienced in TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts maximasing CICD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Knowledge of commonly used IDEs like Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc. and UNIX scripts.
- Desire to learn new technologies in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Possesses engineering and consulting mindset to help build transformational cloud ready software.
- Excellent communication skills and participates actively in team discussions.
Work Authorization: Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship (H-1B, L-1B, L-1A, etc.).
This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Nov 14 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.