Senior Java Fullstack Engineer Lead
e have a great opportunity to join this dynamic organization as a Lead of Java/Fullstack Developer team! With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team members to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization.
You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work and guide team members and apply your knowledge to resolve technical issues. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI's and our client's success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Full stack development including analysis, design, development, unit testing and implementation of distributed applications and microservices consistent with architectural direction and established patterns
• Lead a team of Developers/Engineers to help identify issues and put fixes in place
• Help drive design discussions and take ownership of end to end implementation while providing guidance to other team members
• Drive proof of concepts for software tools/technologies related to application or process development and establish patterns
• Plan and implement procedures focused on operational efficiency and automation through DevOps capabilities
• Establish/Improve/Maintain proactive monitoring and management of supported assets assuring performance, availability, resiliency and security
• Maintain a solid and collaborative relationship with delivery partners and business stakeholders
• Complete work following Agile development methodology and concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Proven track record of leading a team of Developers
• Expertise in API Standards, Microservices Architecture and Cloud capabilities
• Expertise in development of RESTful APIs and SOAP services using message formats such as JSON or XML
• Expertise in integration technologies such as Spring Boot, Camel
• Expertise in JVM based languages such as Java, Kotlin and Scala
• Expertise in functional programming and reactive framework
• Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Experience with non-JVM based modern languages and frameworks such as Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, Golang and Angular
• Expertise in git flow model and working with CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and deployment strategies
• Expertise in in containerization technologies such as Docker, container orchestration engines such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
• Experience in application patterns such as Circuit breakers, Throttling, Rate limiting and Service Discovery
• Experience with performance testing tools such as Jmeter/NeoLoad and application tuning
Educational Expectations: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.